Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I can't be bothered but easy peasy noodles


There are days when I have no ideas on what should I be cooking. Generally, those are days when we are in a rush or had a tough day out there and being infront of the kitchen stove just doesn't seem too appealing.

On those days, fried noodles are usually on the agenda. It's quick, easy and require little washing up. I call them the "I can't be bothered but easy peasy" noodles. =)


I can't be bothered but easy peasy Noodles aka Fried Noodles (serves 4)
250 grams of Singapore noodles blanched with hot water
2 celery sticks
1 red capsicum chopped
1 carrot diced
1 small onion chopped
2 lup chong or chinese sausages, sliced
1 tablespoon of bean sauce
1 tsp of sugar
1/4 cup of huo tiao cooking wine
2 beaten eggs

1) Saute Chinese sausages. Drain some of the oil. Set it aside.

2) Fry the onion till transparent. Add carrot, capsicum and celery. Saute for around 2 minutes. Add noodles. Keep tossing. Add the bean sauce. sugar and wine. Fry it up!

3) Push noodles aside and add beaten egg. Cook till slightly set and start tossing in the wok. Remember to include in the chinese sausages. Serve with fried shallots.

I'm sharing this with my friends at Pasta Presto Nights. This week, Got no milk is hosting.

10 comments:

tigerfish said...

I also want the "I can't be bothered" noodles!

Unknown said...

i always love the cant be bothered easy peasy noodles....

but i generally go for meat + veggie stir fry (even lazier than frying noodles) hehe

wmw said...

Got any recipe for "I didn't have to cook but there you have it noodles"? LOL!

Noob Cook said...

I always wondered what 'Singapore noodles' are ... are they egg noodles? When I can't be bothered, my meal is some food that I can send to the microwave for 3 minutes, keke

Dee said...

My Can't Be Bothered starts with a phone call and ends 30 minutes later ;) AR is a lucky man!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Mine would be the instant cup noodle, just pour in hot water and it's done in 3 minutes. LOL!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah what happened to the noodles? there r no longer strands!

Anonymous said...

Hi! cool recipes and blog!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

I like the name of your dish! hehe. Btw, anything with lup cheong has to taste good. :-D

daphne said...

tigerfish- thanks babe!

mocha- haha. I can't even be bothered to defrost the meat! Hence the lup cheong. =)

wmw- "walk to your car, drive and buy!" hehehe. malaysia is soo good for take out man...

noobcook-i think sg noodles r only available everywhere else but SG! Seriously, i dont know. They taste like normal egg noodles or the thin version of hokkien noodles! I bought them because they were on sale n they break so easily.

dee-i wish I can do that!

little corner- yum yum. I like Nissan brand!

joe- ya! I also wonder why! First time trying this noodles and they come out soft and broken frm the packet.

tastymealsathome-thanks for dropping by! =)

lyrical-Spot on! Lup chong is a life saver! hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...