Monday, September 22, 2008

Dried shrimps, scallops and cabbage rice


First day of work-AR asked if I was nervous or excited this morning. Funny enough, I did not feel anxious or nervous and went on to prepare for the morning as I would have normally. Probably being a trainee for the past 3 years helped-I suppose essentially, the first days are the same except this time round, I dropped the title of the trainee! Woohoo!! Oh, and get paid of course.

What I will expect the change over time though, is the energy and time require to prepare meals. I need to be more time wise now and prepare quick meals that are nutritious and freezer friendly.

Darn, I think I need a bigger fridge!!

In the mean time, I found this in my folder which I believe will come in handy for us. It's another one pot dish that utilizes the rice cooker. Easy!! A little luxurious as well as I used dried scallops.



Dried Shrimps, Scallops and Cabbage Rice (Serves 4)
1/2 cup of dried shrimps rinsed and soaked for 15 minutes. Drain
1/2 cup of dried scallops soaked in hot water for a few minutes, drain.
1/2 a shredded cabbage
handful of dehydrated mushrooms chopped
1 clove of garlic
2 cups of rice

3 eggs lightly beaten

1) Heat a wok and add oil. Add beaten eggs and swirl-lightly roll eggs up and dish it up. Set aside.

2) Wash and cook rice in rice cooker.

3) Reheat wok and oil. Add garlic, cabbage, mushrooms, dried shrimps and scallops. Add pepper. Cook till done and dish into the rice cooker. Cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with the rolled eggs.

13 comments:

CECIL said...

I love cabbage in my fried rice too!! I think I may make that for tonight, simple quick fried rice. Happy 1st Day at work!! :)

bossacafez said...

darn i need a bigger fridge too LOL! seriously i do.

this cabbage rice reminds me of the ones my grandma used to cook, so nostalgic :p but instead of cabbage she used to put the mustard veggie. i hate it, so bitter.

all da best in yr new job babe *muacks*

Little Corner of Mine said...

Congrats, no longer a trainee! Love your one dish rice.

Noob Cook said...

no fridge can ever be big enough for me ;) nice cabbage rice! I like to put pork belly strips in mine hehe

tigerfish said...

I love love love cabbage rice! Which reminds me, have not cooked it for a while now. Think I will have less time cooking in the future as well. I am looking at real easy peasy recipes recently.

JeromeFo 令狐冲 said...

What? Cabbage?
I usually add Cabbage into my mee soup. LOlx...now i shall consider
use cabbage to cook fried rice =)

Food Promotions said...

We would like to invite you to visit http://foodpromotions.blogspot.com/

Cheers
Food Promotions

Piggy said...

Hope you had a great time at work!

My mom used to cook this dish very often when I was young. Thanks for the recipe, I'll try it out with thai fragrant rice when I finish the basmati rice I have on hand now.

wmw said...

Haha...This is good stuff. Usually have fried rice with cabbage when we do it with corn beef!

Cynthia said...

Love this dish.

LianneK said...

Dried Shrimps .. I miss them! They are so versatile and keeps well huh ...

Unknown said...

wow i love this one pot dish! i musttttt try :)

daphne said...

Hey Jackson-hehe.. It looked like fried rice but it isnt... just one pot rice, cooked in the rice cooker.

cecil-thanks dearie!

evan- =)

little corner-hehee, yeah! Dropped the trainee title finally.

noobcook-fridges r never too big i think!

tigerfish-amazingly simple too!

jermone-try it!

piggy-oo..I used basmatic rice for this. =)

wmw-corn beef!! Perfect!

cynthia- thanks!

lianne- very very true.

mocha-ya!!! hehee. we are the one pot dish gang!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...