Monday, December 08, 2008

17 Days to Christmas- Grilled Salmon with Moroccan Couscous Salad


Remember my love for salmon? Seafood is always a hit in this household. I never like to place lots of seasoning on salmon (Until my visit to Marion bay!!)-prefer to keep it as simple as possible. I prefer it with skin on but I know lots of ppl who prefers it off (smell? texture?hmm..)

The great thing about Salmon is that it keeps you full. I don't know what it is but I find that I feel full quicker having salmon than roast! Odd huh?

This time round, I made a simple couscous salad to accompany the grilled salmon. Dinner in less than 25 minutes!

Grilled Salmon with Moroccan Couscous Salad (Serves 2)
2 pieces of salmon
1 packet of Moroccan Couscous
Boccini cheese (around 6 pieces)
chopped up half a capscium
1 baby egg plant chopped

1) Lightly season salmon with salt, pepper, 1 tsp of chili powder and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

2) Preheat grill to very hot. Quickly grill vegetables first. Set it aside.

3) Grill salmon on each side for just under 4-5 minutes (I like the middle of the salmon pink).

4) Prepare couscous according to packet instructions. Add grilled vegetables.

5) Serve with salmon!!

7 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

it is all the 'omegas' they like to take up a lot space.....I love salmon and you skipped a day...

Anonymous said...

I'll second doggybloggy -- It's definitely the good fats. I love salmon; I only wish I could find (afford) the good stuff here ...

daphne said...

doggybloggy- oops! haha. I did! Corrected. =)

Threeforks-me too! too expensive to have it too often unfortunately...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Too bad, I don't know how to appreciate salmon. Still prefer white meat fish.

Noob Cook said...

I dun eat raw salmon but I dun mind cooked ones... yours look good ;p

Unknown said...

i hardly cook salmon...but i like em grilled. hmmm havent tried working with couscous before...i shall try one day ^_^

Beachlover said...

everytime I came here,my mind think of Christmas song when I see your day count! LOL! I love salmon,,like panfried like your style ...said salmon is good for health

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...