Monday, December 01, 2008

25 Days to Christmas- Daphne's Nachos



Where has all the time gone? A blink of an eye and it's 25 days to Christmas. AR and I braved the shopping crowd yesterday and went Christmas shopping. The festive feel of Perth isn't exactly ...very festive but I still like visiting Santa Land in Myers (Departmental store). Can't take the kid out of me. We were really proud of ourselves as we picked up some gifts for his little cousins, nieces and nephews.

A search through my folder made me realized that I did not post these nachos. I made them for a gathering and it was a hit. Who would have know that a few tablespoons of mango chutney in the beef mixture would create what a difference. Not only that, I used weight watchers sour cream-and no one could tell the difference!




Daphne's Nachos
250 grams of lean beef mince
3-4 tablespoons of spicy mango chutney
1 tsp of garlic
1 can of chopped tomato
3 tsp of ground cumin
1 tsp of ground mixed spice

1 packet of corn chips
250 grams of low fat sour cream
few stalks of spring onion chopped
1 cup of low fat cheddar cheese
1 avocado sliced.

1) Heat oil in deep pan. Fry beef till nearly done. Add tomatoes and chutney. Add spice. Simmer for 5-10 mins. Season if needed.

2) Assemble nachos. Place beef mixture on first, followed by cheese, sour cream, avocado and spring onions.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

give me a plate of this goodnesss, a bad TV, a drink...and i'll give you back a clean plate hehe

Little Inbox said...

Now, most ppl are in Christmas mood already. Merry Christmas!

VG said...

Hi Daphne - Came across your blog from Pat Churchill's site. Great blog.

Christo Gonzales said...

looks really tasty - but.......I dont see any chiles?

bossacafez said...

wow that looks great!

Precious Pea said...

I wish i could munch on that now. I love anything with avocados!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Look so good! I want some!

Unknown said...

oh my, this is a winner!!! i love this... :)

Jescel said...

looks so good.. glad to have stumbled upon your blog. you have a nice page here. will be visiting again for sure.

Kenny Mah said...

Love the title of this post. Will we see a countdown, day by day till Xmas? A recipe for each day? :D

daphne said...

hehe. thanks everyone! It is a festive season afterall!!!

And Kenny, I'm taking up your suggestion I think!

tigerfish said...

ate something like that in hard rock few mths back! yours is definitely good as it is so generous!

Noob Cook said...

I have a weakness for nachos... now I am craving badly hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...