Friday, December 19, 2008

6 Days to Christmas- Olive OIl Nutmeg White Choc Cookies


For some reason, that looked like a scary smiley face. An oxymoron but it's true! I'm a big cookie junkie. I collect cookie recipes and love them to bits and pieces. Especially the easy ones that require little effort!

I'm always keeping my eyes and ears open with regards to cookie recipes that require quick mixing. This one was taken from Better Homes and Garden-one of my favourite magazines. I know! It makes me sound so much older isnt it? But I love their recipes!

So if you are looking for something easier to make to finish off the Christmas Dinner or a meal... this recipe may be one for you. I like the hint of spice in there.. but feel free to use cinnamon or even mixed spice if you like.


Olive Oil Nutmeg White Choc Cookies (around 40)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg
1 egg ylk
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup of self raising flour
1 cup of plain flour
1-2 tsp of ground nutmeg
handful of white chocolate.

1) Preheat Oven to 180C. Line baking trays with baking paper.

2) Whisk sugar, egg, egg yolk, oil and vanilla extract till thickened. (U can use an electric mixer but I chose to train my biceps.....arghhh..).

3) Fold in flours and mix till well combined.

4) Roll tsps of mixture and flatten using your hand. Press a few white chocolates onto the cookies. Bake for 15 minutes till golden. Cool then transfer to wire rack.

6 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Oh, nutmeg can be an ingredients in baking? I just learned that. :)

Kenny Mah said...

Awww... they are so cute! Dun mean I won't bite into them tho. Hehe.

Adeline said...

cutie cookies.... xP

Sammy said...

Ooo cookies!! i've been stuffing myself w so many these days lol.

so how is preparation for xmas going? we found a thai n jap place near our place which is pretty good, shld get together sometime yea

Beachlover said...

look delicous!! now you remind me Christmas is 6 days away! Happy Holiday! cheers!

Sharon said...

I've yet to make cookies with olive oil but I'd love to give these a try. Love the smiley face in the first cookie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...