Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tofu Mushroom Stir Fry


My favourite food these day consists of one pot meals. Anything that can be stir fry is added into my shopping trolley.

I'm also a big fan of tofu. It's a substantial additional to a meal. Not to mention, the protein that goes with it.

For this particular dinner, I chose to pan fried few pieces of tofu cut into small cubs. Upon draining them with papertowels, I stir fry chilli, garlic shoots, mushrooms and prawns. The result was a comforting satisfying dinner...that didnt take long to wash up!

Tofu Mushrooms Stir Fry
2 cubs of tofu blocks cut into smaller pieces.
oil for frying

1 cup of small prawns
1 tsp of garlic
1 small chili chopped
1 bunch of garlic shoots-chopped into bite size
2 cups of chopped mushrooms

Seasoning
2-3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2-3 tablespoons of water
salt,
1 tsp of sugar
pepper

1) Heat oil in pan and fry tofu till brown. Drain on paper towels.

2) Heat 1 tsp of oil and fry chili and garlic. Quickly add the prawns and cook till nearly done. Fry up the garlic shoots and mushrooms. Add tofu last. Add seasoning and simmer for a few minutes.

3) Serve with hot rice

7 comments:

Little Inbox said...

This dish suits my taste too. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

I love anything easy. This tofu mushroom one dish meal sounds like a winner and healthy too.

tigerfish said...

Me love one-post meals too!

Par said...

Tofu stir fry sounds good.
I been craving for tofu lately.

daphne said...

little inbox- thanks dear!

little corner- ya! I was hoping that it will be healthy.. haha.

tigerfish-me too!

kay- yeah! tofu is great isnt it!

Dee said...

I hear you on the one dish meals! Did you use firm tofu for this?

armand said...

mmm I remember this dish! :) It looks very good too with lots of colours and tastes yummy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...