Monday, June 29, 2009

Buttermilk Waffles in many ways!

We have been really blessed with many gifts during at our wedding..and one of my favourite (after the gorgeous food processor that mum bought for us) would have to be our waffle iron. It is a very very special waffle maker because it clocked up many miles of travel brought in from Germany to Perth by our wonderful friends Haz and Hanno.

The first one I did was just plain drizzled with honey and topped with some banana...


Then I recalled the amazing smell from the streets of Singapore from Prima Deli...



So we had Waffle with Peanut Butter and Waffles with Jam!


Buttermilk Waffles
(Serves 6 so made around 15 waffles!Needless to say, we had waffles for breakfast every day for nearly a week)

3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
3/4 tsp of bajing soda
1tsp salt
3 1/4 cups of buttermilk
3/4 melted butter
3 eggs beaten

Preheat waffle iron.

Whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt togeter. Stir in buttermilk, butter, eggs till smooth.

Spoon batter into waffle iron and cook till done! =)

I'm on the lookout for crispy waffle recipes so if you know any, please share!! =)

9 comments:

celine said...

yummy ....... i am a sucker for waffles. is the "skin" soft or crunchy?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks good! Should I invest in a waffle maker? ;)

daphne said...

hhee.. skinnymum- it is slightly crispy!

Little corner- very good investment! esp for guests who stay in...for easy breakfast. LOL

ai wei said...

i love waffles myself. thanks for sharing the recipe. too bad, i can't have a try cz i dun have the waffle maching >__<

tigerfish said...

No waffle machine for me but I have a sandwich maker...I wonder if that works.....*evil for experiment*

celine said...

I made this for breakfast this morning, and my kids (plus the big kid) love it. Super yummy, according to them.

Thanks, heaps for sharing.

SIG said...

Yum yum... I want one of those waffle irons too! You can't get them in Perth? Will get sis to lug one back. :)

Babe_KL said...

gosh i wish i could have one waffle iron :(

Ravenous Couple said...

the food processor is one of our favorites too! hope you make great food with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...