Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Japanese Souffle Cheesecake


I recall the days when my friends and I attend evening maths tuition. We usually end class at around 9:30pm and then we will head downstairs to the shopping centre in hope to grab some cheap Japanese souffle cheesecake. Sometimes, we score-and even get a few free pieces (we think the girl who sold the cheesecake had a crush on our tutor! ;p)



While I have always want to attempt this at home, I usually pushed that at the back of my mind thinking that it is a)too hard, 2)too many egg whites involved and 3) I will probably be the only person consuming such a high calorie cheesecake!



Well, I was wrong on all three counts. This recipe is dead easy and results in an ultra smooth and velvety cheesecake. Oh, I used Philadelphia 80% fat free cream cheese which is one of the lowest fat content of cream cheese one can obtain in AussieLand. Not bad hey.

Thanks to Aimei from Baking Cottage for this wonderful inspiration! Check out her blog for the recipe.

13 comments:

Precious Pea said...

It sure looks good to me!! And a cup of coffee to wash it down too!

ICook4Fun said...

Your cheesecake look so lucious and creamy. Looks really great!

Little Inbox said...

It looks good, and the steps are not so difficult. :) I've bookmarked the recipe. Thanks.

Christo Gonzales said...

daphne this cake is so plump and luscious its hard to believe - married a few months and your level of relaxation is showing(its a good thing) I only hope A doesnt get too fat...LOL

Kenny Mah said...

I love cheesecake but usually the calories scare me away... You just gave me a good excuse to indulge... :)

ai wei said...

Yummyyy!!! it looks so creamy!
just like the japanese cotton cheesecake.

ur recipe, is it for smaller portion???

Noob Cook said...

I luv Japanese cheesecake, the texture is soft and light. This is considered difficult for me coz I'm quite hopeless in baking hehe

Unknown said...

wawawa...i have the same thinking too, i never ever thought of trying to bake my own japanese cheesecake at home hehe

Aimei said...

great... it looks as good as using cream cheese... I'll definitely try this lower fat version, though not sure whether over here stock up these fat free Philadelphia cheese. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Not bad at all, looks seriously yummy in fact!

daphne said...

Precious Pea- Aww thanks!

Icook4fun-Thanks!

little inbox- it is really easy! hope u will hv fun trying it.

doggybloggy- LOL I have to let A know abt that.

Kenny- I agree! that is my chance to indulge a little too

noobcook- haha. I think u underestimate yourself! Your cooks always look awesome!

Rita- Try try!

Aimei-YA! I think it is harder to find it in SG.

Little Corner- =)

Babe_KL said...

mmmm yours look so creamy and light

SIG said...

What a perfect cheesecake! I would love to sink my teeth into them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...