Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spicy Lamb Tong Fun

I thought I had pork mince in the freezer. Happily, I took it out and realized that what I had was lamb mince instead! The meal plan was spicy pork tong fun but I thought.. oh well, might as well use lamb mince then!


The thing I like about lamb mince is the robust flavour it adds to the dish. Recently, I made moussaka (future post!) and lamb mince certainly adds more of a rich flavour than beef mince. The same goes for this dish as a little mince goes a long way!



Spicy Lamb Tong Fun (Serves 4-5) 
350-400 grams lamb mince

marinate
1 tsp of soya sauce
3 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 tsp of corn flour
1/4 cup of hua tiao jiu 
salt and pepper

Tong Fun or Mung Bean Vermicelli soaked and drained
4-5 dried mushrooms rehydrate and sliced 
3-4 stalks of celery diced
2 shredded carrots
1 sliced red onion
1 tablespoon of garlic

2 eggs

2-3 more tablespoons of soya sauce
3 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1/2 cup of hua tio jiu
1 chopped chili + extra chili flakes! 
plenty of dashes of white pepper! 

marinate mince for around 10-15 minutes.

Heat pan/wok. Saute onion and garlic. Add mince and cook till nearly done adding some water or stock if needed. Toss in the veges and mix well. When nearly done, toss noodles and seasoning through. Taste and adjust accordingly. Make a well and add two eggs. Wait till it nearly set and mix it through noodles. Serve Hot with fried shallots.

Sharing this with my friends from Presto Pasta founded by Ruth. This week, it is hosted by Kate from Thyme for Cooking! 

7 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Haha, lamb has been known to be spicy in other ways for its amorous consumers... ;)

Noob Cook said...

I love tong fen! it's been a while since I stir fry it, usually my lazy version is just to put in soup.

Little Corner of Mine said...

I don't really take lamb because of it's flavor, not very adventurous I guess. Love the spicy tong fun.

Ruth Daniels said...

I do love it when those freezer "surprises" turn out so well. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Katie Zeller said...

I wish I could get minced lamb! Yeah, I know, buy some and mice it...
Maybe I will - this sounds wonderful!

tigerfish said...

Could not agree more: a little really goes a long way. The tong fun must have absorbed the mince flavors really well.

Joanne said...

I love the taste of lamb more than just about any meat. What a happy accident!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...