Monday, June 14, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin and Capsicum Pasta with Pinenuts

From time to time, I like to organise my meals for the week in such a way that it takes less than 10 minutes for dinner to be ready. In this case, I roasted my vegetables on the weekend, so that by the time Monday/Tuesday roll along, all I needed to do was to cook pasta, warm the roasted veges up, toss them together-add some cracked pepper and fresh chives, and I'm done.

I am a big fan of roasted pumpkin because it adds bulk to food without the cost but with the taste. Also another way to add 1 more serving of veges into our daily diet. It is however, slightly higher on the sugar side and perhaps not the "lowest GI" food around. Hey, but I bet it is better than eating red meat every day right?

If this recipe sounds familiar to you, that's because I turned the same mixture into a warm salad before. The difference? I toasted some pine nuts, added some goats cheese and chives to it.


Roasted Pumpkin and Capsicum Pasta with Pinenuts 
1/2 butternut pumpkin chopped in cubes
2 red capsicums cubed
2 tsp of paprika
1 generous tablespoon of honey
1 tsp of dried chili flakes
some cracked black pepper

handful of pine nuts
chopped chives
30 grams of goats cheese
250 grams of cooked pasta


olive oil spray
Pre heat oven to 200C. Mix all the above together and spread them on a baking tray. Spray with oil and roast for around 20 minutes, checking after 10 minutes or so. Cool and store.

Toast pine nuts and add it to mixture. When ready, warm roasted veges and toss them through cooked pasta and pine nuts. Serve with crumbed goats cheese and chives.




Sharing this with the Presto Pasta gang organised by Ruth. This week, Sweet Kitchen is hosting. Be sure to check the round up on Friday!

8 comments:

Little Inbox said...

I started to prepare a larger portion meal and save some for the other day. :)
I did that on my veggie patties.

tigerfish said...

I am for simple pasta dishes :) ...maybe I can try some roasted pumpkin and pine nuts combi for my pasta next time.

Noob Cook said...

great tip for busy nights. I love roasted pumpkin also - sweet and filling :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks delicious, I'm hungry!

precious said...

This is a nice pasta dish. I have never tried adding honey to the dish.
wood bed frames

Joanne said...

Butternut squash actually has a pretty good GI score. It's from all that fiber. Plus it's SUPER high in vitamin A!

I love adding pumpkin to just about everything I can. This sounds like the perfect combination of flavors.

Sweet Kitchen said...

I have to agree with you about the roasted pumpkin - it's delicious and your pasta looks fabulous!

Ruth Daniels said...

We've just had the hottest day of the year so far...and summer isn't even officially here yet. All that to say...your mouth-watering pasta will have to wait a couple of months. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. I'm bookmarking this one for Fall's pumpkin harvest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...