Wednesday, October 12, 2011

3 Eggs DOM Pork Stir Fry


They say that ideas appear at the most unexpected time. If you see that I have been relatively quiet lately, that was because we travelled back to Singapore and KL to spend some time with our families. Since we arrived back on a Sunday evening, I had to rummage the pantry, freezer and fridge for some tucker till I do my proper grocery shopping!

We bought some fresh eggs so that was one ingredient. I found a century egg and a duck salted egg in my pantry . I knew I had some pork in the freezer. Using those ingredients, some soy and DOM for its sweetness and taste, it became a dish.


I had some fresh spring onions on hand because that was what my local market had (not alot of variety! but it could do!). To my surprised, they added a bite of freshness to the dish.

Oh hindsight, it actually looked like the dark version of stir fry carrot cake! ;p

So ideas that occur the most unexpected time can be terrific too. What fantastic dishes have you created when you were short of time/ingredients?



3 Eggs DOM Pork Stir Fry
200 grams of pork fillet sliced
2 chicken eggs
1 salted duck egg diced
1 century egg diced
2 tablespoon of light soy sauce
1/4 cup of DOM or dry sherry
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tsp of garlic

3-4 stalks of spring onion chopped

Fry garlic till fragrant. Add pork and cook till nearly brown. Add the salted duck and century egg. Toss throughly. Add soy, sesame and DOM. When it starts to boil, add chicken eggs. Fry everything together for another few more minutes and serve with chopped spring onions, rice and veges.


Don't forget my blog giveaway!



Photobucket

8 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This is new to me, sound so delicious.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

century egg? really, I had to look it up because i had no idea what that was but after looking it up it sounds so interesting and perfect for this dish! You are so creative girl and yes it is the times we wouldn't think of that we come up with the best ideas

Little Corner of Mine said...

Is great that this dish came together! Oh yeah, you have reminded me that I have been neglecting my DOM. :D

tigerfish said...

Interesting to add DOM in this egg and pork stir-fry. Must be good flavors over there.

Unknown said...

I lovee how you use 3 eggs in this! Very creative!

Joanne said...

haha I can totally see the carrot cake thing! Sounds like a delicious dish, for such a spur-of-the-moment meal!

Quay Po Cooks said...

That is indeed a nice dish come out all of a sudden! hehe.. You are a fast thinker:D

lena said...

dom with pork and eggs? this is totally new to me! i only had dom in chicken soup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...