Thursday, March 08, 2012

Miso Salmon with Brown Rice Chickpea Salad



The title of the post almost sounds like it is from an organic cafe restaurant isn't it? In all honesty, I am surprised that I have taken so well in reducing and even at one point, cutting back all carbs (including fruits). The results so far, I can assure you, is worth it! Like what hubby once said "happy wife=happy life"

Coming back to this dish, I realised that my favourite way of prepping salmon is just to pan fried it. It's simple, non complicated and retain great flavours. This time round, I had some miso paste on hand and used it to make a dressing.

This is also the first time that I cook brown rice at home. Again, hubby and I actually was surprised that we liked the nutty taste of it! My mother in law usually mix brown and white rice together when she cooks and now I know why!

Miso Salmon with Brown Rice Chickpea Salad (serves 4)
3-4 pieces of Salmon

1 cup of brown rice
1 can of chickpea
1/2 pun net of cherry tomatoes halved
1 shredded carrot
150 grams of snow pea sprouts

Dressing
2 tsp of miso paste
1 tablespoon of mirin
2 tablespoon of water
1 red chill chopped
squeeze of lemon juice

Pan fry salmon till done. Meanwhile, cook brown rice with water (around 3 cm above rice).

Make dressing by heating miso paste,water and miring and chill in a saucepan. Taste and season. Squeeze lemon juice.

Assemble salad by tossing brown rice, chickpeas, all salad leaves together. Place on plates. Place salmon on top of salad, drizzle dressing over it.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Noob Cook said...

the salmon looks so beautiful sitting atop the salad. very healthy and deliciously wholesome meal.

Joanne said...

I love the flavor and texture of brown rice! It sounds like it pairs so perfectly well with this healthy dish!

Unknown said...

These days I avoid even brown rice...but actually it is healthy. This is one healthy yum dish!

tigerfish said...

I like salmon pan-fried too esp when the salmon (is skin-on) and the skin gets crispy. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Beautiful mix of colors and what a balance meal. I love it! Which reminded me I haven't had chickpea in a while, guess it's time to get some. :)

Babe_KL said...

Your plating really looked like from a restaurant!

lena said...

that's a beautiful presentation and vibarnt colours! i think you must be so fit by now!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...