Monday, April 02, 2012

Best Ever- Double Choc Chip Cookies



A good cookie makes you pause and want more. I have always said that cookies are more tricky to master than cakes- the little gems on the baking tray seems to have a temper of its own.

I have struggled to make great cookies- good cookies, maybe, but I like my cookies slightly crisp, slightly chewy- you know, the kind you have at cafes. But they also have to taste homemade. Not the package deal.


So I don't call best ever lightly. So it does makes a difference chopping lindt dark chocolate and adding it to the dough. Did I also mention there was MORE lindt chocolate melted into the dough as well? Chocolate on top of chocolate, how can it not be good? What is more amazing, is that I happened to stumble on this recipe while browsing at Nigella Lawson's website. This comes from Big Fat Chewy Cookies (now I want that book!).

Caution- the batter spread like CRAZY in the oven. I wouldn't put more than 6 cookies on the tray. The good news is that they are indeed BIG and crisp and chewy. A cookie for the long weekend perhaps? ;)


Best Ever- Double Choc Chip Cookies
100 grams Lindt Chocolate
150 grams flour
30 grams cocoa
1tsp bicarb
1/2 tsp salt
125 grams butter
70 grams brown sugar
45 grams white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
200 grams chopped lindt chocolate


Preheat Oven 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Melt chocolate in saucepan over hot water or in microwave.

Place flour, cocoa, bicarb and salt in a bowl.

Cream butter and both sugars. Add in melted chocolate. Add egg and vanilla extract. Slowly add dry ingredients in wet. Fold through.

Add in chopped chocolate last. Fold through. Using an ice-cream scoop, level dough and place on tray. Do not try to press down. Cook for 15-18 minutes. It should look set. Cool on tray slightly and place on rack. It will harden when cooled.

EAT EAT EAT!





Photobucket

12 comments:

tigerfish said...

Dark chocolate is good but good quality dark chocolate makes it even better for these cookies. Best!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

they look like the best ever! I need them now!

Woolly Mammoth said...

Oh lovely! Will have to try them someday!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

your cookie is dark and look stunning!

Joanne said...

I totally agree - cookies are WAY harder than cake! But you've mastered them with these babies. You can't go wrong with chocolate-on-chocolate.

lena said...

totaly agree baking cookies can be tricky, that's why you seldom see me baking cookies :D

Unknown said...

oh my! so dark choco! and so cute with the blue! adore!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Deliciously dark, loved it! I also heart big fat crisp and chewy cookies. :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I realized that when people call it BEST or like this case BEST EVER, my eyes are widely open and immediately try to save the link. =D And I just pinned. ;-) Must get good chocolate for this to replicate yours!

Noob Cook said...

I know you have been on the search for best choc chip cookies and I trust you when you said they are best ever. I have to try them out someday!

Dora said...

Great, This is really amazing page, here, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts, I will definitely share this article to my friends out there.
voyance

Carole said...

You might enjoy this cartoon. Chocolate cartoon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...