Monday, April 23, 2012

Bourke Street: Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins



The bourke street bakery cookbook was on my bookshelves for a few months before I pry it open and made something out from it. It's one of those cookbooks that looks absolutely gorgeous, no shortcuts but you know each recipe is gonna be good. It's one that I read and read but could not for the life of me pick something to try. I want to make everything!

I picked this recipe because I know of a few bloggers who recently made these, but also, they are one of the simplest recipe in the whole book. In time, I know I will have a chance to slowly digest all the material and pick a tart recipe to get my hands dirty, but for now, it's quick and easy to the max.


Now be warned, it's not what you think of a muffin-where it is often light and fluff. This is rich and good. It's dense more cake like but oh so desirable. It's also a big batch of muffins, but you won't regret making the full batch.. all your friends will love you for it. I brought a batch to a friend's gathering, turned around and it was all gone but one. Lucky I saved a few at home for my cheat day!

I think though, that it is the raspberries that does it. I mean, how often do we taste real big bites of raspberries in muffins these days? Usually, the are sparse, if not artificial. Real good ingredients is what make these muffins perfect the way it should be.

Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins (made around 30 muffins for me!)
400 grams plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
250 grams castor sugar
480 ml buttermilk.
3 eggs
225grams dark chocolate
225 grams raspberries
55 grams raw sugar
icing sugar

Preheat Oven to 190C. Line muffin tins with cases. Sift flour and baking powder. Add sugar.
Melt butter. Remove heat and stir in buttermilk. Using a whisk, stir in eggs to combine. Pour over dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Fold chocolate and raspberries through. Spoon into tins. Sprinkle raw sugar on top. Bake for 20-25 mins. Cool, then dust with icing sugar.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Janine said...

am glad you finally opened your cookbook because i know you're sure to enjoy it! i like this muffin recipe too :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

you just remind me i have quite long did not open this book, hehehe..ya, i think this is a most simple recipe in this book. must try out one day ..

tigerfish said...

The dark chocolate and raspberry put such a nice balance on the muffins.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

love that you used dark chocolate!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks yummy!

Noob Cook said...

they look really pretty!

lena said...

i heard about the book..you sounded like the recipes are not easy to tackle, huh? anyway, your muffins look great, love that you said you are putting the whole raspberries in!so you're still on holiday?

Joanne said...

An excuse to eat cake for breakfast? I WHOLEHEARTEDLY approve! These look amazing!!

rosi said...

Hi ! Thank you so much for share. I love that you used dark chocolate!
Voyance gratuite immediate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...