Thursday, April 12, 2012

Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream


 Earlier this year, I said that I'm going to have a hand in making more ice creams this year. It took me a while, but finally I got to it. Part of it of course, is that we have a tiny freezer and I have to freeze the ice cream bowl. Well, things will change in the next few months when we finally invest in a bigger freezer and fridge!

Coming back to the ice-cream, I have to say it is the creamiest ice cream I have made. I suspect, it's the coconut milk that we used that added to that creaminess.

Churning the mixture, and waiting for 25 minutes to firm up was exciting. When it was finally done, I stopped the machine and saw that it has turned into creamy custard. Oh yum! I froze it overnight, and we had ours with waffles together with a few friends.

I adapted this recipe from David Lebovitz's ice cream recipe which is probably one reason why it is so good! What's next I wonder!!?!? Ice cream here I come!



Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream 
250 ml coconut milk
2/3 cup of philediaphia cream for desserts
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup of sugar
1 vanilla bean scrapped

Simmer coconut milk, cream, vanilla bean and sugar in a saucepan slowly on low heat. Then slowly add in whisk egg yolks in the mixture. Cool. Chill for 30mins to 1 hr. Then place in ice cream machine and churn for 25-30 mins.




Photobucket

8 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh man, it looks so creamy and delicious! I love coconut flavor ice-cream.

celine said...

this looks REALLY good, my friend!!:) makes me want to buy an ice-cream maker now.

Little Inbox said...

Oo..la..la...I love this so much!

lena said...

i agree, the taste of coconut milk is very nice especially in our asian flavoured type of ice cream like red bean, sweet corn. This must be so good!

Joanne said...

This definitely needs to be the summer of ice cream in my opinion. And this sounds like a delicious one to start with!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Weather here is so hot now, I need some of your ice-cream , sound so refreshing and cool.

Dora said...

Good content, I trust this is a good weblog about Wish to see refreshing content material next time. Thanks for sharing this publish with us. Keep it up.
voyance gratuite

Noob Cook said...

home-made ice cream sounds looks really wholesome and luxurious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...