Monday, October 01, 2012

Coffee Hazelnut Ice-cream





Did you hear? It's spring!! The sun is out, the birds are chirping and the wildflowers are blooming.  To celebrate, I made ice-cream. Ok, I lied. I will probably make ice-cream anyway regardless of rain, shine, snow, hail..etc as long as I have electricity, milk, cream and eggs.

I do have a soft spot for coffee ice-cream. Especially one with a crunch. I adapted this from my past experience of making ice-cream and by including some of my favourite ingredients- such as espresso beans covered with dark chocolate. Kinda like Coffee Bean Black Forest ice blended with a crunch. While I did not add glace cherries in this, I preferred hazelnuts for the added crunch and texture.

The result was a creamy chocolatey ice-cream with a nice bite to it.

Oh, I love my ice-cream machine.


Coffee Hazelnut Ice-cream
1.5 cup of milk
1.5 cup of cream
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup of sugar
4 tsp of espresso coffee powder (I used instant)
200 grams of espresso bean coated with dark chocolate chopped and smashed
60 grams of hazelnuts chopped

Freeze ice cream bowl as directed.

In a saucepan, heat up milk, cream and sugar. Stir till it coats the back of your spoon. Slowly add whisk egg yolk. Keep cooking till it coats the back of the spoon, with a line drawn through it, the line should still stay. Dissolve coffee into the milk mixture. Fridge it till cold.

Churn in ice-cream machine till nearly done. Add the crushed espresso beans and hazelnuts. Churn till it fold through and freeze till ice-cream is smooth and creamy.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Kitchen Belleicious said...

I always forget we live in such different seasons! It is crazy! I am starting to make soup and you are making ice cream! I love it though. this ice cream looks and sounds amazing. Love the hazelnut touch:)

Joanne said...

I never need an excuse to make ice cream either! I adore coffee so this sounds majorly delicious.

Little Corner of Mine said...

This is calling me big time as I have a soft spot for anything coffee too! YUMMY!!!

Estèrre said...

Hello, your recipe makes me want to do it but this is how many people? Thank you good afternoon
voyance mail gratuite

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...