Where did 2013 go? Last year this time, I was pregnant and suffered from very bad morning sickness. This year this time, we have Asher in our arms. Every year this time, I like to reflect on the year and focus on my goals for 2014.
-We travelled back to Singapore/KL in February and March. It was such a relaxing trip spending time with our family. We splurge and stayed in Marina Bay Sands.
- We celebrated our 4th year wedding anniversary at Bistro Guillaume with my big tummy.
- This is the longest period that I have not worked. I went on maternity leave in June in anticipation of Asher and took time to enjoy the period before he arrived. It was a time of reflection as I know life will never be the same again! A dear friend even threw me a baby shower!
- My in laws came and fell in love with Asher.
- I turned 30! I spent the day relaxing with hubby and Asher, squeezed in a massage and even managed a boxing session in the afternoon.
- BIGGEST highlight. Asher arrived.
You see, there was once a time when I thought I may never be able to experience having a new born baby in my arms. I promised myself that if I do fall pregnant, I will take it as it comes. Yes, the morning sickness was bad, I gained heaps of weight, labour was handwork and the recovery wasn't pleasant. But I would do it all over again
- I have continued to eat healthier and ventured into the world of clean desserts!
- I have gained heaps of baby weight and lost pretty much of it.
- Learned how to brew soups and more Chinese meals from my grandmother.
As for my goals for 2013..
- Continue to eat clean food by using less processed ingredients and fresh ones. Checked!
- Fulfil last year goal of making creme brûlée! I still have to find butene....... NOT CHECKED! I still need to find butane...
- Definitely more home styled asian dishes. I don't think I did enough last year. And if I can, make more kuehs! Oh, perhaps making bak kwa! Checked! I made Bak Kwa!!! I made Kueh, hand pulled noodles, Ginger Wine Chicken and I made Chinese drum lets!
- Definitely more baking. I did! And some more clean baking too.
- Keeping it simple. Reduce commitments and learn how to breathe more Checked! Nothing like a baby that keeps life simpler.
- Maybe looking at developing my blog further. New layout and cleaner designer but more work needed for my directory of recipes.
- Praying more with my hubby. Ongoing!
- Embracing more life challenges and excitement in 2013! Asher was my hint. Checked!
My goals for 2014
- Continue to create and experiment clean desserts and meals.
- Make that cream brûlée!
- Getting my fitness back on track.
-Make baby food...
- Not sweat the small stuff as much
- Travel back and see my family even more.
- Stay in the moment more. Babies grow up too fast.
- Thank God every day for our blessed family.
- blog more often!
Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year! Make 2014 better than 2013!