Wednesday, November 05, 2008

XO Stir Fried Noodles

For some odd reason, it's cold and windy on a Spring day. Where did the sunshine go? hmm..

I think I saw this idea from little inbox or perhaps even jin hooi? I bought a bottle of XO sauce (full of seafood!) and used the whole jar up for fried noodles! If you like strong tasting food, this is one sauce you have to try!


XO Stir Fried Noodles
2 sticks of rice noodles
1 jar of XO sauce
1 cup of snow peas
1 cup of sliced cabbage
sliced carrots
1 cup of shrimps
garlic
3 eggs

1) Blanch rice noodles. Set aside.

2) Heat wok till very hot. Fry garlic. Quickly saute vegetables and shrimps and toss noodles with it. Add jar of XO sauce. Push noodles aside and add beaten eggs.



Dishing this up for Pasta Presto organized by Ruth from Once Upon a Feast!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm... rice noodles... an old favorite... :)

Little Inbox said...

Little Inbox? Me?

Precious Pea said...

You used one whole bottle?? Wow...sure expensive hor?

CECIL said...

This is ultimate comfort food. And XO sauce...mmh.

Little Corner of Mine said...

You used the whole jar of XO sauce? This is an expensive noodle dish!

Ruth Daniels said...

It does sound wonderful. Now where can I find that XO sauce??? Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Unknown said...

looks fantastic! i should pour my whole jar of XO sauce into my dishes dammit! hehehe

SIG said...

Wow, how extravagant one whole bottle? Hehe. But yummers I believe.

Jin Hooi said...

Not from me ;-)) I should buy a jar of the XO sauce and try this recipe !!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Wonderful combinations! I can't wait to give this a try.

Retno Prihadana said...

Rice noodles, my fav. We call this Bihun

tigerfish said...

XO sauce is expensive and it must be a luxurious plate of bee hoon since you used one whole jar! :O

Kenny Mah said...

A WHOLE bottle of XO sauce? Wow, that sure is luxurious, not extravagance perhaps but rather, enlightened tastebuds? ;)

ganache-ganache said...

Yes, 1 jar of XO sauce is a lot, wonder if the size is the same as those back home ?? XO sauce makes good fried rice too, with shrimp & lots of spring onion.

Big Boys Oven said...

wow this must be esxpensive dish but really worth having I think!

daphne said...

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late replies recently!!

Yes, it is a WHOLE bottle of XO jar! BUT it's really tiny..and only contains around 30grams of XO sauce. =) Not really that expensive as this fed around 4 ppl?

And Thanks Jin Hooi and Inbox for letting me know that I didn't get the idea from u..gosh, I need to start writing down where I get my ideas from. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...