Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hummus Dip


You know my love for our food processor. One other handy thing that I can now do is to make dips! Freshly made dips and pesto will not be a hassle anymore. Hummus is made out of chickpeas and sesame paste. It's a real treat as a dip or even as a spread. I know of some recipes that pair hummus with grilled lamb as well. One reason why I like hummus is because of it's nutty taste! Oh, and not forgetting that this is probably one of the healthier alternatives to other sorts of oily dips or spreads.

Hummus
1 can of chickpeas (or 1 cup of dried chickpea soaked overnight)
2-3 tablespoon of sesame paste (Tahini)
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1-2 tablespoon of olive oil
seasoning

Whiz everything together. Do a taste test and adjust seasoning accordingly. Serve with water crackers or as a spread.

4 comments:

Piggy said...

I fell in love with hummus during my stay in SA. ;-) It tastes really great when eaten with those arabic breads. Thanks for the recipe!

very culinary said...

I make fresh hummus all the time. My whole family loves it. Sometimes I add roasted red peppers or herbs to it.

Easy, simple, healthy. Perfect snack with veggies or pita bread.

Unknown said...

yumm....i want this with potato chips!

Little Corner of Mine said...

This is sure a healthy dip compared to those with cheese. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...