Friday, December 03, 2010

Quick and Easy Lentil Pie

I nearly forgot about this recipe!! The last time I made this was in June 2009- when I was in search for more vegetarian recipes. Being short on time. I re-created this one evening, and realized how much I missed and love cooking with lentils. I think this pie came up better than then the first time I made it.




I added alot more grilled capsicum and forgot about the spinach leaves! oops. But remembered to put in some garlic and red onions. I also put in some indian spices like cumin which gave it a nice spiced touch. 

Best of all, hubby didn't even think it was vegetarian. 

Quick and Easy Lentil Pie (I made 2 pies)
2 can of lentils
100 grams of chargrilled marinated red pepper sliced
50 grams of feta cheese
1 red onion sliced
some crushed garlic
2 tsp if cumin
2 tsp of tumeric
1 tsp chili flakes
cracked pepper and salt.
2 sheet of puff pastry
egg wash

Preheat oven 200C.
In a salad bowl, mix lentils, marinated red pepper,  seasoning and feta cheese. Spoon mixture on to the middle of the puff pastry. Seal on each ends. Brush with egg wash. Baked for around 20 minutes till golden brown.

3 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great! We should make one day of the week a vegetarian day. Hmmm...I think I should start doing this. Hehe...

Joyti said...

What a great preparation for lentils. The pics are really nice too...

tigerfish said...

You do love lentils, girl! I need to have more lentils. That opened pack is still sitting in my pantry cabinet :O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...