Thursday, December 06, 2012

Paleo Friendly Caramel Cheesecake Bars




Cheesecake bars without cheese. Is it even possible. OMG paleo did it. I re-created it in my own kitchen. It was creamy and nutty. A small slice is a good protein hit I am sure.

I would have never thought that dates could create a caramel-look and taste texture. I am usually not a fan of caramel anyway, but this is the magic touch to the slice.

A few disasters did happen. My base and 2nd layer merged and became one big layer. Oh well, That's not the biggest problem. I changed the recipe to reflect that. The date-icing saves the day.

Is this really low in sugar? Not really. The dates would probably have increase the sugar content a few folds. A good treat? You bet. One word of caution, remember to serve directly from the freezer or fridge as it does soften too easy... I learned the hard way and had to spoon it from the plate!


Paleo Friendly Caramel Cheesecake Bars 

Crust/filling
1 cup of almond butter
1 cup of coconut flakes
2/3 cup of walnuts
1 cup of roasted walnuts
1 tablespoon of honey
2-4 tablespoon of canned coconut milk
2 tablespoon of coconut oil

Caramel
12 dates- soaked for 1 hr
5-6 tablespoon of water
sea salt
1 tsp of vanilla paste

Blitz the crust/filling in the food processor. Pressed down onto lined pan. Freeze for 1 hr. Meanwhile, blitz the caramel together. Spread caramel over cheesecake. Sprinkle sea salt. Freeze for another 30 minutes or so.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Joanne said...

These look amazing and I love that they are kind of healthy! And caramelly. and just plain awesome.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Sound tempting and good!

Little Corner of Mine said...

How interesting! Cheesecake bar without using cream cheese.

etoile0045 said...

I really loved this recipe, I'll wait for other recipes that you will send. Thank you for your generosity.
good luck
voyance gratuite par mail

Kitchen Belleicious said...

i love the caramel layer- unlike you I am a caramel freak and these bars are just perfect

lena said...

how unique to find dates to make the caramel filling! even if the separate layers have turned into one, it still looks a something delicious!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Anything caramel will not escape my eyes! I wish I can have just one bar. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. Hugs.

Unknown said...

That so fascianting!Thanks for this wonderful share.
voyance gratuite mail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...