Remember how I said that there are two parts to my cookie fest? This year for Christmas, I will be baking these little beauties as well. Yup! Two kinds of cookies. =) I figured out that since we will be holding the engagement party on the 22nd with most of our friends there, we will kill 2 birds with 1 stone with this killer cookie combo. Cranberries Oaty Choc Cookies + Nutella Dark Choc cookies as Christmas treat + thank you gift.
This recipe was kindly shared by She paints the Kitchen Red. I tried it and I was hooked. It has a famous amos double choc cookie texture to it. The crumby, melt in your mouth taste, the lovely scent....and after you have one, you will be sure to have the "I can't have just one...must pop another one in mouth" thoughts floating through your mind.
I had some Max Brenner's chocolate left over so I tipped it into the bowl-perhaps that was why the chocolate in this cookie tastes soo good. *wink* nevertheless, I think a good dark choc will do the trick as well.
Nutella DarkChocolate Cookies
1 1/3 cup plain flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
100g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup Nutella
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts (u can use hazelnuts too)
1. preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
2. sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
3. cream butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. mix in egg.
4. add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. add chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
5. drop teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. bake for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.
If you want more Christmas cookie action....do head to foodblogger's Eat Christmas cookies event! And if you choose to participate, u get a chance to win a prize!