I bought a sandwich off the little cafe around the corner from where I worked and guess what I found on the lettuce? WORMS!
Imagine my ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Anyhow, I brought the sandwich back to them and they refunded me. Oh, and they gave me a hot drink as well. The problem is that I ate most of the sandwich already. I'm sure I will be ok but an episode like that spark a discussion with our admin lady on food hygiene and how it has become more common. Is it true?
Anyhow, I meant to blog about this cake today. It's one of my favourite cheesecake that I have recently made for a 21 birthday (for a friend obviously...haha). I love the tangyness and the dark choc on it.
It beats looking at worms on your sandwich anyday!
Strawberry Dark Chocolate Forrest Berry Cheesecake
1 packet of ginger nut cookies 200grams crushed
125 grams butter melted
1 tsp mixed spice
500 grams cream cheese (room temperature)
60 grams caster sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
40 grams corn flour
4 eggs beaten
300 grams of light sourcream
150 grams of mixed berries
200 grams dark chocolate buttons
1-2 tablespoon of butter
1) Base- Combine all dry ingredients. Add in melted butter and mix till combined. Press firmly into base of 9inch lose based cake tin. Bake in 180C oven for 10-15 minutes. Cool.
2) Lower oven temp to 150C
3) Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add in sugar, vanilla and cornflour. Beat till combined and creamy, Add in cream and beat till thickened. Add in eggs.
4) Spoon half mixture onto the base. Place berries randomly onto the mixture. Top it off with the rest of the cream cheese mixture. Place cake tin in hot water bath and bake for 1 hr till set.
5) Turn off oven, leave cake for around 1 hr with door ajar. Pop cake into the fridge once it is cooled outside as well.
6) Melt chocolate and butter in a glass bowl on top of a saucepan of hot water. Once slightly cooled, spoon it over cheesecake. Ganish with strawberries. Serve!