Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lemon Slice



Oh who can resist a slice of sweetness?

Especially a tangy one?



Lemon slices are a classic isn't it? Just that tiny piece of tangy sweetness ends a dinner pretty well don't you think? These little gems were made for a gathering that we had on a Friday and I was soo pleased to know they were gone quickly.

Although, a few people came to me and said:

"What lovely CHEESECAKE that was!"

DOH!


Lemon Slice (Suppose to be for 24 slices but I slice it smaller and made that to be around 30 slices)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 1/4 cup plain flour
120 grams butter
1 tablespoon of milk

topping
1 1/3 tablespoons corn flour
1/3 cup of cream (low fat)
6 eggs
1 cup of castor sugar
2 tablespoons of lemon rind
3/4 cup of lemon juice

Preheat oven 170C. Line slice tray with paper.

Process sugar, flour, butter and milk in food processor(YES!) till mixture comes together. Press mixture to tin and bake for 25 minutes.

Topping: Whisk cornflour and 2 tablespoons of cream till smooth. Whisk remaining cream, eggs, sugar and lemon rind and juice. Place liquid in saucepan and cook over low heat for around 6 minutes till it thickens. Pour over base and bake for 5 minutes or till topping just set. Cool in tin and slice!


psss.. recipe taken from my favorite baker- Donna Hay Classics 2

10 comments:

very culinary said...

Have I already mentioned my love of lemon....pretty much anything. Love lemon. And look at that color!! I would eat many of these and not think twice.

Little Inbox said...

You do not need cream cheese at all? I shall give it a try since it's not so difficult. :)

My Asian Kitchen said...

hahaha!! your lemon slices really look creamy,no wonder ppls mistaken it's a cheese cake! I bet it's must taste delicious!

Dee said...

They do kinda look like cheesecakes, but waaay yummier :)

Pam said...

Wow.... it makes me drool....
I just love the tangy taste of lemon....

ai wei said...

yum yum, i love the tangy lemon

SIG said...

Ooo yum, but not 6 eggs again! I just did a 6 eggs steamed cake. :P This is very tempting though. Lemon is yummy. :)

petrina said...

looks yummy again! I make my lemon slice topping with condensed milk doh!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Lovely, I like the bite size, just enough sweetness and calories.

Unknown said...

yum yum yum! i want a slice..or two.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...