Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chicken Hor Fun

There are some days, where I want Singapore hawker  food. In MY ideal world, it will be low fat, low calorie but tastes the same. Alas, that's not always the case isn't it. We are quite blessed that in Perth, we have easy access to similar hawker food like in Singapore (plus where we reside). However, it is never quite the same as sitting in a kopitam, enjoying a plate of hor fun or  my ultimate favourite... ban mien.



Still, a girl has got to make do with what she has. So dropping by the oriental store, I picked up a packet of the white flat noodles, got my wok in action and started frying.

The result is still not as nice as the hawker style one of course, but it will do! for the time being..... =)

Chicken Hor Fun
200 grams of Hor fun noodles blanched and seperated
500 grams chicken diced and  marinated with soya, sesame oil, dark soya, oyster sauce and pepper.
1 bunch of choy sum washed and chopped
1 cup of chopped mushrooms (I used button but dried dehydrated shitake is fine)
2 eggs
1 tablespoons of garlic

Seasoning
2-3 tablespoon of oyster sauce
2-3 generous tablespoon of soya
1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce 
1/3 cup of shiao xien wine.

Heat a little oil in pan. Fry garlic and chicken till nearly done. Toss all veges in. Then toss noodles and add seasoning. Keep frying. Make sure the heat is on HIGH. Add eggs and tadah.. dinner is served.

I'm sharing this very simple dish with my friends from Presto Pasta organized by Ruth. This week Deb of Kahakai Kitchen is hosting.

7 comments:

tigerfish said...

Hee heee..I agree. When I crave Hor Fun, I also do it the simple way at home. Can't beat the real thing cos of the wok, heat, oil, whatever..but really, better than nothing ;p

Little Inbox said...

I'm lazy to dine out too. So, just cook at home. :)

Noob Cook said...

and I envy u for the fresh organic food, cheap dairy products and cheap wine in Perth hehehe

Kenny Mah said...

For what it lacks in authentic hawker wok hei, dear, it's prolly loads healthier also! :)

Deb in Hawaii said...

I spent a little time in Singapore and I loved the hawker food there. This looks easy and delicious and healthy too. Thanks for joining in at PPN this week!

Aloha,

Deb

Joanne said...

I definitely have foods that I crave that don't taste QUITE the same when I make them myself. Fettuccine alfredo, for instance. But that's probably because I am unwilling to knowingly put 2 cups of heavy cream into the dish!

This looks fantastic either way.

Estèrre said...


Thank you for this recipe that I really like, I have all the ingredients! I will surely do it! I wish you good luck ....

voyance gratuite mail, voyante gratuite par mail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...