Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spiced Teriyaki Chicken and Oyster Mushrooms on Udon Noodles

I really do enjoy a good teriyaki. Especially if the meat was cooked in high heat (with the wok hei taste). I had some left over teriyaki sauce, and decided to do a super quick stir fry with whatever veges that we had. Blanched some udon noodles, place the chicken on top of it and totally slurp it up.

I have been noticing more varieties of mushrooms recently. Finally I say!!! They are still slightly pricey but affordable. One packet of oyster mushrooms set us back AU$3.99-certainly a treat thing!!

Did you notice the little carriage box behind? That was a wedding favour! How pretty-filled with kisses as well. ;) 

Spiced Teriyaki Chicken and Oyster Mushrooms on Udon Noodles (serves 4)
500 grams chicken thighs diced
2 carrot sliced
1 red onion sliced
100 grams oyster mushrooms washed 
another a cup of button mushrooms sliced
around 8-10 stalks of spring onions roughly sliced
1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
2 tsp of chili flakes
2 eggs -whisk

Cook onions till soft. Brown chicken and veges. Add sauce and chili flakes. Quickly fry for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and cook till they are set. Serve on noodles or rice.

Serving this to my friends at Presto Pasta. This week Ruth the founder of Presto Pasta is hosting!

6 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks good! I like fresh oyster mushroom. :)

Little Inbox said...

Oyster mushroom is one of the cheapest fresh mushroom over here, besides enoki and shiitake. The rest are pricey.
I like tempura oyster mushroom.

tigerfish said...

Have not used oyster mushrooms for a while now. Maybe I should get some soon.

Ruth Daniels said...

I love mushrooms of every kind. Can't wait to give this dish a try. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Claudia said...

We often do teriyaki BBQ chicken here and this is a great use for any extra. Plus those piles of CSA vegetables I'm always looking for ways to use.

Joanne said...

Mmm I've been craving teriyaki lately and it sounds so tasty over noodles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...