Thursday, November 15, 2012

Date and Sesame Nut Slice- Take 2 and 3!!

Are you a snacker? I find that I can get by not having snacks in the morning, especially if I have a nice hearty breakfast. However, I seem to want a snack in the afternoon around 4pm or just before dinner time.

So I confess. I have been making no bake slices every week! They are a great protein hit and a quick snack fix. Hubs bring them to work nearly everyday. Here are some of my variations.


This version has no chocolate in it. Purely dates, and a mix of almond and brazil nut butter.


This is my favourite. I added heaps of roasted sesame seeds and also roasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds. There was 2 cup of almond butter, 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, 4 dates pitted and chopped, 2 tablespoon of coconut oil with headings of roasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds. mixed, spread on brownie tin and I chunk it into our freezer for 30 minutes or so.





Photobucket

5 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks like a great energy snack and love that it is no bake. I need a snack around 3-4pm too.

Joanne said...

I tend to eat two-three snacks a day...almonds in the morning, a piece of fruit in the afternoon, and then a little something sweet after dinner! This slice looks just perfect for that!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

nice snack!

vrai said...

What a nice snack!I'm so impressed been a part of your blog.
horoscope

etoile0045 said...

I really loved your recipe, and I'll try! Today I wish you good luck
tarots gratuit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...