Sunday, November 25, 2012

Smoked Salmon Goats Cheese Rice Paper Roll

It was 10:30pm. I had 2 gym sessions that day (boxing and thejunglebody). I started feeling peckish and was raiding our fridge.





A packet of smoked salmon, some sprouts and goats cheese. A lightbulb came in my head. While paper-roll is not exactly "paleo"- i have some in my pantry from our housewarming "paper roll party", it is low in sugar.

I placed 2 pieces of smoked salmon, some pea sprouts and a dollop of goats cheese, rolled it up and viola.... supper!


I think they look cute in a cocktail party or a dish to bring to a bbq this summer as well.

I wish I can come up with more healthy snack options. Some of my current other snack options are
- nuts
- apple with almond nut butter
- greek yogurt with my homemade nut muesli
- a few slices of cheddar cheese
- handful of popcorn

What are some of your snack options?



Smoked Salmon Goats Cheese Rice Paper Roll (Makes 3)
6 pieces of smoked salmon
1/2 cup of sprouts
2 tablespoon of goats cheese
3 paper roll

Wet paper roll. Place smoked salmon, sprouts and goats cheese in the centre. Roll, fold sides in and roll again. Wet ends to seal.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

What a great idea! It looks so pretty in pink too.

tigerfish said...

That's luxurious supper! :p

Kitchen Belleicious said...

okay, i know i say this alot but this time this is really one of the most creative and amazing dishes you have given to us. I love the use of the smoked salmon and using goat cheese instead of the standard cream cheese that so many people tend to pair with salmon! Amazing

Little Inbox said...

Your rice paper rolls are perfectly done. Good job.
When you visited my blogs last night, my latest post was posted unintentionally. The recipe was without steps, hehe...
I've added it in this morning. Sorry.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Quick, simple and healthy.,

Joanne said...

I would have so much fun munching on these! Smoked salmon is one of hte few non-veg things I'll still eat and I love the idea of it paired with goat cheese!

lena said...

like this fresh and healthy rolls! i snack a lot too, it can be crackers, apples, yogurt and leftover cakes! haha! what is junglebody? sounds like something wild!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...