Sunday, May 08, 2011

Herb and Nut Cheese Roll


 Sweet Happy Mothers Day to all amazing mothers out there! Hope your family is pampering and bringing you lovely breakfast in bed on this pretty Sunday.

To our mothers, oh what amazing joy is it to be your children. I could never ask for more being blessed with hardworking, self sacrificing mothers. Both my mum, mother in law and grandmother taught me how a strong woman should be like. I take pride in calling them my family.

Recently, we were invited to a gorgeous dinner with our french friends. Here lies a dilemma, what do one bring when the french invites you over for dinner? They said no food... but finally agreed that I could bring drinks. I couldn't resist, and decided to thank them for creating such a wonderful meal for us by bringing what I thought would be appropriate- cheese!

Camembert and cream cheese blended together then rolled in chives and pistachio nuts. I was told that both cheeses went well, and the pistachios gave it a nutty kick. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to try it as I was in the kitchen getting all excited in seeing a dessert being made. I got a text though from our friends later on who told us that they loved this simple cheese roll.

and I'm pleased. I have managed to bring something that the french like! ;)

Herb and Nut Cheese Roll
250 grams camembert cheese
150 grams of cream cheese
a small bunch of chives chopped
1/4 cup of pistachios shelled and chopped

Whisk both cheese together till well mixed. Place the mixture onto baking paper. Roll it up and twist both ends. Fridge it for at least 1 hour.

Unroll, roll cheese on to chives and pistachios. This time round, wrap mixture with glad wrap. Again, roll it and twist both ends. Fridge it for another 1 hr at least. Serve with crackers.



Photobucket

10 comments:

lena said...

hi daphne, this roll looks very attractive in colour, the colour of the chives and pistachios matched so well. Is this a french roll? you have also rolled them so well, it doesnt look easy to roll them up. Is this kind of dip? yes, mothers are like our angels, they come and protect us and love us unconditionally and i also know that you have a wonderful grandmother! happy mother's day to grandmama too!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great and great flavors from the herb and nut.

Crystal said...

Looks yummy! I love goat cheese. I had a roll with cranberries on the outside and that was also really good.

This seems like it would be a good thing to serve at a party in a bigger amount, too. :)

tigerfish said...

I completely love your easy idea! Thanks!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

I love cheese logs and rolls and with all these nuts it sounds amazing! I love using the herbs! Great idea and perfect for appetizers

petrina said...

mmm this looks delish! can't wait to try! I have everything in my fridge except the nuts...

Joanne said...

Cheese is ALWAYS appropriate. And welcome. At least around here! This cheese roll looks SO good!

Spoon and Chopsticks said...

Great idea, Daphne. Looks great and full of flavours.

http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

daphne said...

lena- oh thank you! You made my day! I just used the baking paper to gently roll it.. no special way! but yes it is like a dip. ;)

thanks ching!

Tigerfish- ;)

Jessica- I'm glad u like it too!

Petrina- Hey girl! Hope u get to try it!

Joanne- hehe thanks!

Spoon and Chopsticks- ;)

Kenny Mah said...

Sorta looks like a savoury Swiss roll... but considering you made it for your French friends, maybe one can call it a French roll? Hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...