Thursday, May 05, 2011

Baileys Apple Crumble



The first time I tasted apple crumble, I was hooked. It's a simple nutritious dessert that even has fruit in it! It is considered as a winter dessert and how fitting it is to have a warm bite of apple and crumbly oats in your mouth.

I chose to do a version with Baileys this time round. Baileys was one of the first liquor that I actually do like. Especially when it is on the rocks. Ever since my body rejects lactose, I rarely tasted it. I can still take some, just not the whole shot. By incorporating some in this dessert, it allowed me to enjoy the flavour of such a rich drink.

I kept it simple- choosing to caramelized the apples with brown sugar and baileys. Then using the rubbing in method, I rubbed some low fat spread/margarine into some flour, oats and mixed fruit. Enough dessert for two. A sweet ending to a busy week.



Baileys Apple Crumble (Serves 2)
1 green apple sliced thinly
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of baileys

1/4 cup of plain flour
75 grams of spread
1/4 cup of oats
1/4 cup of mixed fruits
1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Preheat Oven to 180C.
Melt sugar. Add apple and baileys. Caramalised for around 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, rub spread into flour. Mix with oats, mixed fruits and cinnamon.

Spoon apple mixture into ramekins. Top it with the oat mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.


Photobucket

16 comments:

Noob Cook said...

great idea to add baileys ... I always like some alcohol in my dessert/food hehehe

Christina Kim said...

Hmmm, never tasted a version with alcohol:P
You are really one creative gal! ;)

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

I am sure the simplicity of this dish belies the tastiness of this treat.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

the simplest dishes always seem to turn out the best and this dish sounds fantastic. I love the addition of the Baileys. Never would have thought of it but so glad you did!

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

I have wanted to make a crumble for quite some time too, healthy and delicious MMM plus the bailey's is a great idea!

daphne said...

noobcook- hehee, me too.. just a littleeeee..

christy- haha. thanks!!

shirley- it always makes a simple dish a surprise i think ;)

Jessica- ;)

Jen- sweet! I am glad u like it too!

lena said...

hi daphne, your addition of bailey's here got me excited here over the crumbles. hope to try this one day. What is the 'spread' that you mentioned here?

Little Corner of Mine said...

I like apple crumble too, because of this I learn to like apple pie. :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I'm afraid to say... I never had apple crumble!! I think I'm missing out something really important in my life! Thank you for coming to my website - and I'm glad to find yours! I'll be following you now! ;-)

Unknown said...

hohoooo I love how you made it boozie :D

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this sound good and yummy!

daphne said...

lena- sorry! I kept forgetting to add. Spread means butter/margarine. Some form of fat. ;)

Ching- yeah. I am a fan of apple pie as well.

Nami- Oh i'm so glad you dropped by!!!

Rita- hehehe as always!

Sonia- thanks!

Joanne said...

I really don't own or drink any alcohol...but a big bottle of bailey's - that I have! This crisp looks delicious and I'm betting the Baileys infusion really makes it pop!

Cooking Gallery said...

Wow, you add Bailey to your apple crumble...Genius idea!!!

Kenny Mah said...

Just about anything with Baileys added to it works for me, hehe. :D

aki! said...

This looks really good!

seven-perentsolution.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...