Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pancakes Weekend


A couple of weekends back, I felt like a good breakfast. Usually I have to rush to work or attend church so cooking up a good hearty breakie is out of the question. Since I have changed my work schedule, it allows me a little more time in the mornings on weekends to whip up something else other than muesli/yogurt/fruit combi or bread with peanut butter/kaya/nutella.

Pancakes are a classic. Whether is it for breakfast or dessert, they are fast to whip up and is most definitely a sure-hit within family members and friends. Out of all the pancake recipes I have, I like this one best. It's easy, fast, fail proof and the end result is always more than satisfying. Strawberries are in season-and what better way to eat them but with pancakes?


Classic Pancakes
Makes 5

1 cup of plain flour

1 ½ teaspoons baking powder

1 tablespoon of caster sugar

¾ cup of milk

1 egg

30gram of spread, melted and cooled.

Strawberries, caster sugar and honey to serve.

Sieve flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk milk, eggs and melted spread together. Add liquid to dry mixture. Using a wooden spoon, mix till well combine.

Cover and stand for 15 mins (if you are short of time, you can skip this step. Resting the batter will help create fluffier pancakes).

Heat a non-stick frying pan. Pour 1/3 cup batter into pan. Use a spoon to spread the batter out into a 12cm circle. Reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 2-3 mins, or until bubbles start appearing on the surface.

Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.

Wrap pancakes in clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.

Serve warm with sliced strawberries, sprinkled caster sugar and honey.

13 comments:

Precious Pea said...

I love pancakes too! Especially loaded with syrup! Yumzz...with an extra scoop of ice-cream would even be better. Yummy yum yum..

Oh for the love of food! said...

Ooooooh, that's a totally wicked stack of pancakes! I haven't had these in a long time, - like you, week days are just impossible to manage a brekky like this and weekends are worse!
And I'm sooooo jealous of you! Wish I was there at the Lindt cafe sipping a REAL hot chocolate and those macarons!
I just did a post on my 13 year old and the fabulous batch of brownies she baked - I'm so proud of her! Care to give her some encouragement?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha easiest way for me is to buy a pre-mix haha..that still i screwed up by putting too much batter and too little milk and water..sigh

bossacafez said...

wow yum! love how u stack the pancakes. now im craving for some myself :p :p

Retno Prihadana said...

What a delicious pancake! I like the last picture, nice shoot.

Big Boys Oven said...

Love the way they are stacked, what a stunner, yourself of course and those pancakes. It will definitely a breakfast in bed for me!

bossacafez said...

hey daph, wanna ask u something abt facebook. how do u send the oreo cookie via superpoke? coz i dont hv that option in mine. do u need to reach a certain level b4 u can send a cookie? i've had ppl sending me a basket of mrs. fields cookies too but i just cant send them to my friends, unless i send it back to that person directly. help?

Rita Sella said...

what a complete morning... pancake ready on the table. I should try yours ^_^

Little Corner of Mine said...

Lovely stacked of yummy pancakes!

daphne said...

precious pea-that's an excellent idea! Have it with ice-cream. Preferably dark chocolate.... and top with chocolate chips! hehee

Carol-Lindt cafe is definitely an experience not to be missed! Everyone, head over to Carol's blog-link on the right side to see Chloe's wonderful creation!

Joe- I started using pre-mix too! but found this way cheaper...and nicer!

Evan-hehe..thanks! You have to have some. btw, I emailed u regarding facebook. ;p

Retno- the last pic is my fav pic too! somehow, it just look slightly better huh.. maybe it's the position. =)

Big boys oven- if only someone can serve pancakes to me in bed man....

Rita- come over! we can share some.

Little corner- hehe..thanks! it was nice to work through the layers as well.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Wah, so gorgeous! How to eat when it's so pretty!! lol.

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Such a pretty stack of pancakes!

SIG said...

Yummy pancakes. Lovely stack with strawberries. Yum... now you make me crave them. Haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...