Thursday, April 01, 2010

Simple Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Quiche

So I have been a little over the top in posting vegetarian dishes. But hey, it was part of the challenge and I embraced it! Poor Ar did whinge a little but got over quite quickly-forgetting that he was going meatless.


I made this for another lunch. Again with some left over puff pastry, spinach, mushrooms and egg, it was easy to mix them all up with spices, put them in the oven and da tah, another quick and easy meal done. One cannot go wrong with puff pastry I think.. such a handy item to have in the freezer!


Simple Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Quiche  
1 cup of baby spinach
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
4 eggs beaten with around 1/4 cup of skim milk
1 cup of cheese (I used cheddar)
1 defrosted puff pastry

some paprika and salt/pepper for seasoning.

Beat eggs, milk together. Set it aside.

Pre heat oven to 180C. Place baking paper on slices tray. Line it with puff pastry. Place slices of mushrooms and spinach on it. Pour of egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for around 20 mins.


I'm off on a short trip during this Easter Long Break.

It's a time of rest and also a time for reflection. Happy Easter everyone! and remember the Grace that God has provided. =) God Bless!!

5 comments:

Noob Cook said...

learnt another good use of puff pastry. happy holiday!

Christina Kim said...

Lovely, serving it for Easter? ;)
Happy Easter to you too!~

tigerfish said...

Happy Easter to you too!

I am for "bring your lunch" :D

Big Boys Oven said...

have a good easter weekend, I dont mind having a week of vegeterian! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Happy Easter! I would love this mushroom quiche, too bad my girls don't quite fancy mushrooms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...