Monday, June 28, 2010

Nutty Meat Loaf

Masterchef taught me many things. I learned that cooking TV can be very entertaining. I learned that the cooking world is soooo wide and there are so many cusines and techniques to learn. This was one that I picked up- to add veges in meat loaf., meat balls or even sausage rolls! Grated carrots is one lovely way to do it.

You know my love for mince (it has been quite abit of a mince week hasn't it?), so I thought of grating some carrot into mince and make it into a loaf. By adding pine nuts, it adds this crunch and texture to an otherwise plain meat loaf.

I served it with some steam veges.



Nutty Meat Loaf
500 grams of pork mince
1 grated carrot
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
3 or 4 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 generous tablespoon of bbq sauce
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
1 tsp of chili sauce of any sort
 heaps of white pepper/ or ground black pepper
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup of corn flour

1/4 cup of pine nuts

Mix everything up and press it into lined loaf pan. Sprinkle pine nuts on top. Bake in a preheated oven (of 200C) for around 30 minutes.

1 comment:

tigerfish said...

You make meat loaf look like carrot cake and carrot cake look like meat loaf! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...