Friday, November 19, 2010

Cheats Pandan Cake

Oh so I resorted to using a cake mix for Pandan chiffon cake. One day I will have the guts to make it from scratch but I argue that we all have to start somewhere.....  This is more of an ease and curiosity since I have noticed the packet in our local oriental store for years.


The brand that I used was Primamix and surprisingly, the final result was close but not a winner yet. It does have a pandan taste but it lacks the chiffon or soft cottony feel of the cake. It could be my fault as well as I do not owe a chiffon cake tin-just a fluted one.  Hubby was satisfied though and best of all, it was cheaper than getting the whole cake. All I needed was 6 eggs and a cake mix....

5 comments:

Noob Cook said...

that's not cheating ... you still make it what haha ... oh I bought the pre-mix too but haven't try. This is a reminder for me ;)

SIG said...

Hi dear, I've tried this but i didn't like it too much too. In fact, I just made from scratch one this morning and it turned out horrid, same as my previous 2 other recipes I tried, so I have totally given up on chiffon cakes. It's so much cheaper to buy and more yummy.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Saw the premix on the shelf but never think of buying it since I can make my own. :P Anyway, that's an interesting cake cutter, I seen it first at your blog. :)

Unknown said...

ohhhh i am worse than you! i just buy pandan chiffon cake from maxim's bakery ahahaha

daphne said...

noobcook- hehehe, i am waiting to hear your experience with the cake mix =)

Sig- noooo dont give up... i havent have the guts to try chiffon cakes yet! LOL U r already one step ahead of me =)

Little corner- sharp eyes Ching! Yes, it was a birthday gift from a friend in Germany. It slices and serves..the only thing is that it is a very small slice and serve! LOL

Rita- that's because u lucky girl! u have access to Maxim! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...