Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Lamb Curry 2



Determined not to be disappointed with my first curry-from-scratch experience, I rolled up my sleeve and decided to give it a go again. This time round, I have ALL the ingredients with me-including curry leaves and ginger.


I opted to use a milder Indian curry powder which still provided the kick. We are a family who loves our spiciness but even my grandma admitted that last batch was abit too potent. You can tell that the colour is slightly different too-probably because I cooked this longer, and added more potatoes to it. This means I had to add more water to it too.

I was told that each time one makes curry, it may taste slightly different. But as long as we keep tasting, keep smelling, and keep adjusting, it will be fine. I did just that. Thankfully, everyone could stomach this curry, and the leftovers were even more tasty the next day.

See recipe and Lamb Curry 1 here.



Photobucket

5 comments:

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh delicious indeed! I can smell the curry now and I bet the lamb is so succulent!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Too bad I don't know how to appreciate lamb, not use to the smell.

tigerfish said...

Love lamb esp those Indian lamb/goat curry but I never cook it before. I should learn from my friend's mom soon. She cooks really good Indian food and curry at home.

Joanne said...

yay! Congrats on your curry success! This looks delicious!

daphne said...

Kitchen belleicious- it was indeed tender ;)

Ching- ya! u r not a fan of lamb. ;)

Tigerfish- yeah! u shld, then i can learn from u!

Joanne- thanks dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...