Monday, November 21, 2011

Banana Waffles with Sesame Honey Walnuts




The little luxuries in life. More recently, we added bananas to the list. With bananas dropping in price to around $6/kg, it is slightly more affordable.

I mashed one banana into the waffle batter. To be honest, I wished I could have mashed two! But alas, we are still rationing the use of bananas (does that sound ridiculous?!?!). Maybe when the weather gets warmer and supply is more plentiful, I can be more generous.



What I love, however, was roasting some walnuts with a drizzle of honey and sesame seeds. Crisp walnuts with a light sweetness and fragrance from the sesame. We shared 4 waffles between us and skipped lunch that day. Totally worth it.


Banana Waffles with Sesame Honey Walnuts (4 Waffles)
1eggs
1 cups of soy milk
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup of instant oats
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of cranberries
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
3 tablespoon of oil
1 mashed banana

1 cup of walnuts
2 tablespoon of honey
1 tsp sesame

Whisk eggs,banana, oil, honey and milk together. In a dry bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cranberries, chocolate and sugar. Fold wet into dry. Preheat waffle iron. Spoon and cook! Meanwhile, hit pan and toast walnuts. Drizzle honey and sesame. Once it becomes slight brown. remove pan from heat. EAT waffles with walnuts!



Photobucket

10 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this must be very fragrant and good!

Piggy said...

OMG! I'm salivating over the pic of your waffle! Already bookmarked this recipe and will try it out with my new waffle maker soon. ;-)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

we love our banana bread why not banana waffles? Genius- I like how you combined the sweetness of the bananas and the slightly savory flavor of the sauce! Awesome

tigerfish said...

I like that you mash the banana into the waffle!

Wow, the bananas are expensive there! :O ...for us here, the papayas are expensive, and even so, can't get those papayas as good as those sold in SG (grown in Malaysia).

Unknown said...

omg! looks so glorious! i want a waffle maker!

Janine said...

Hey Daphne,

just wanted to let you know that I've received your package! I love all the items you included - especially the cooler bag and chopsticks, which is perfect for packing my lunch to work!

On a side note, I'm dreadfully sorry I didn't realize you were sending the items from Perth! I was in Sydney the past few weeks and could have saved you a few bucks sending to Sydney instead of Singapore >.<

Little Corner of Mine said...

I know this is good as I made whole wheat banana waffle before. I like that you top it with sesame honey walnuts.

daphne said...

Sonia- Thanks

Piggy- I hope so!!

Jessica- Yeah!

Tigerfish- yeah, it is so ex!!But prices are coming down now.

Rita- you should get one!

Janine- No problems. That's ok! ;) I am so glad you like it.

Ching- Your recipe inspired mine!

lena said...

not just bananas, i'm seeing some cranberries and oats too, these are really good! Great idea to start off a day! bananas are so expensive over in aust! we got quite some varieties of bananas here, normally they only cost around USD1 per bunch, some even less than that.

celine said...

I giggle (never fail) each time you I see your "rationing bananas". :)
Happy belated birthday, blog anniversary, etc etc. Sorry I missed all of them. I just got back online today, after about 2 months. Mommy duties took over.:( Anyway I am so happy to be back. You will be hearing from me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...