Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Crispy Roast Potatoes



How many times did we have soggy roast potatoes? I tried tossing them in oil first before putting it into a very hot oven, I tried mixing it up with other veges- a bigger no no! One would think that potatoes are easier to roast than chicken no?

This time, I did research! Yup. Like a determined student preparing for her thesis. I read up. From Jamie Oliver to Donna Hay ... and cooking websites. This method seems to be the one with the most success. I think I didn't do too badly except..just except. I forgot to turn them.

which means, the potatoes are HALF crispy. Ha.

It's ok..more to prac for next time.

Crispy Roasted Potatoes 
4 potatoes chopped
2 tablespoon of oil
salt

Boil potatoes till just done. Drain. Return to pot with lid. SHAKE it HARD.

Meanwhile, preheat oven 180C. pour 2 tablespoon of oil into a baking tray enough to just fit the potatoes. When the oven is preheated. put the tray in the oven for 5 minutes.

Take the tray out, toss potatoes through with the oil. Put the tray back in the oven. TURN the potatoes at the 15 minutes mark. Serve with a sprinkle of salt.


Photobucket

9 comments:

shunshine said...

Your oven not hot enough?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Daphne, why have to return potato to the pot and SHAKE it HARD huh?

Woolly Mammoth said...

Yeah, I like this method though, because the insides get soft and fluffy but the outsides are so crispy

tigerfish said...

I did come across something similar about adding some oil on a tray already pre-heated in the oven, before adding the potatoes.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks good but I am too lazy for this two steps baked potato. :P

Noob Cook said...

I usually coat them in olive oil, spread one layer on baking dish and bake at 200C. they do crisp up as well. Yours look nicely crisp :)

lena said...

sounds like to get a well roasted potatoes also need some skills, right?

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Love when the outside is crispy and the inside is tender and mushy! Yours look great. adding oil in the tray and heating it up before you put the potatoes on it is also a great trick

Joanne said...

My mom always made the CRISPIEST roast potatoes but I have yet to figure out how she did it! I'm going to have to try your recipe. These look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...