Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Indonesian Spicy Roast Chicken



I'm not quite sure why this is Indonesian? Perhaps my indonesian friends could let me know why? But I see this recipe as rather interesting. It really is a curry baked chicken!! I was attracted to it because the paste was made exactly the way when we could make a curry but only we pour the sauce over the chicken and roast it!

All I could think of was, slow cooked chicken in rich coconut curry sauce. That is bound to be a winner! And indeed it is. I know it is summer now but eating chicken this way with some rice or simple salad is such a comfort.

Indonesian Spicy Roast Chicken (Serves 4)
8 chicken drumsticks with skin and fat trimmed

125 ml coconut cream
3 pieces of kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon of oil
salt

Spices (blended)
3 chili padis
2 dried chili soaked in warm water
1 whole knob of garlic
5 shallots
1/2 cm size piece of turmeric or I used 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder
a 3 cm piece of galangal
3 candle nuts
2 tablespoon of curry powder

Preheat Oven to 200 C>

Place blended ingredients in a pot. Cook till fragrant. Add in coconut milk and some salt. Taste and season accordingly. Cook all ingredients till thick. Then pour it on to chicken. Bake for around 30-40 minutes.


Photobucket

10 comments:

petrina said...

i want to try this!! which brand of curry powder do you use?

daphne said...

Hey Pet- I brought mine over from SG (lovingly chosen by my grandma) so I have no idea. However, I am sure any brand of curry powder that you trust will do!

Joanne said...

I can't help you figure out why it's Indonesian, but either way, the flavors sound delicious! My kind of sauce.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Anything with curry is amazing in my book especially with chicken.I love the thickness of the sauce

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh yum, it looks really flavorful!

lena said...

looking delicious! at times i do think that roasting chicken in the sauce will taste better too!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

with all the spices, this must be very flavourful..

tigerfish said...

It would have been much easier if could bake the spice seasonings with the chicken without even using the pot to aromatize the spices first but of course the taste would not be that great! I am lazy...that is why. ;p

lolo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lolo said...

I liked your recipe, and I'll try it! Today I wish you good luck
Voyance serieuse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...