Thursday, January 26, 2012

Spiced Guacamole



There is something about dips that is so drool worthy. Its all about texture isn't it. A crispy flat bread or cracker, topped with a soft tasty savoury dip makes a world of a difference. I brought this to a gathering and it was a hit. Surprise surprise, all commented that it was the hit of chill and spice that they enjoyed.

One of my all time favourite dip, other than hummus, it would be guacamole. There is just something about avocado that I love I think. I remembered my mother told me that I probably would not like avocado (something that she liked!). The rebellious side of me decided that well, I will try it and prove her wrong. Yes, I was a teenager then.


One thing about avocado is that it is high in fat- even though they are the good fat. It is still reasonable to eat this in moderation of course. I think it is a highly nutritious snack and a little go a long way.

My secret? I added cumin to it. Not so much a secret hey? Hope you like this as much as my friends did.

Spiced Guacamole (serves a party!)
4 avocado mashed
1/4 lemon juice
1/2 small red onion chopped finely
1 tomato chopped finely
2 chili padi
1 tablespoon of cumin
2 tablespoons of light sour cream
salt and pepper

Mashed avocado with some lemon juice. Using a spoon, fold in tomatoes. If you like raw onions, include the finely chopped onions. However, i cooked them a little in a pan to cut out that rawness. Add in chill padi, cumin and seasoning. Taste and adjust. Serve with crackers or vege sticks.


Photobucket

5 comments:

lena said...

hi daphne, i love guacamole and i eat so much on my bread and sandwiches. But i hv not tried hummus, would love to try that soon.

Little Inbox said...

Oooo...that's good! :)

Joanne said...

I'm kind of a dip FREAK so I am LOVING this guac! SO many great flavors in here!

gtggt said...

It’s a really great site you have here. Thank you for the effort to be so good for us (even though we don`t deserve it) and keep it up.
horoscope

Little Corner of Mine said...

So great with chips, I could eat half of the bowl. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...