Monday, June 25, 2012

Snickers and Peanut Butter Muffins- my 1000th post!



Amazing.

This is my 1000th  post.

Who would have thought? When I first started blogging, I was heart broken and desperately trying to finish my honours thesis. I was overweight and love my instant noodles.

Over the years, I have learned so much through food. I know how to budget our food allowance on a weekly basis. I learned how to create a better relationship with food and nutrition. I appreciate food and learned how to enjoy it rather than to feel guilty about it.

Which brings me back to my 1000 post. One cannot celebrate it without some form of cake isn't it?

I like to go all out. A candy bar and peanut butter in one muffin. How cool is that? Yes, it burns your calories but we have to live a little sometimes :p This is one of Nigella Lawson's- and from the "baking for children" section too.

But I think we as adults should enjoy it too.

Happy 1000th Post!


Snickers and Peanut Butter Muffins (Makes 12)
250 grams plain flour
6 tablespoon of brown sugar
1.5 tablespoon of baking powder
pinch salt
160 grams or 6 tablespoon of peanut butter
60 grams of melted butter
1 large egg
175 ml of milk (I used almond milk)
3 x 65 grams of snickers bars-chopped

Preheat Oven to 200C.  Line muffin tray. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add peanut butter and mix till it resembles bread crumbs.

In a jug, mix melter butter, egg and milk. Pour to dry mixture and fold through. Add snickers and spoon into muffin case.

Bake for 25 mins. Cool and eat and say... Happy 1000th  post!.



Photobucket

8 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Wow, you have gone so far, 1000th posts! Amazing. Let's celebrate it with the muffins. :)

lena said...

congratulations!! i still have a VERY LOOOOOONG way to go!! Definately need a celebration, i like snickers!!

tigerfish said...

Happy 1000th posts! With more posts to come....:D

Kitchen Belleicious said...

even though my son is sleeping right now I think i just heard him pop out of bed and scream make those for me mom! This has to be the most amazing muffin i have ever seen!

Joanne said...

Blogging has helped me change a lot through the years also, especially when it comes to food! MAJOR congrats on reaching such an achievement...and what delicious muffins!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Congrats on your 1000th posts! Loved your muffins, delicious!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Wow , 1000th posts! It seem a lot huh..I have lost count mine, hehehe . Congratulations ! Nice to celebrate this big day with this yummy muffin.

helvyre said...

I'll tried this recipe in the shortest time, I wish you luck and thank you again ...
good luck
Toilettage paris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...