Thursday, July 26, 2012
So Lovin from the Oven posted this recipe and I know that this would be the one that my new oven would be debuted. The first EVER dish my oven will cook.
This was my thought process when I was deciding what dish I should cook first in our oven.
- It has to smell heavenly. (ie cinnamon, something sweet probably)
- It has to make our home smell like a home (cookies, cakes?)
- it has to be fast (check out the dust that countless trades bring in)
- it has to make use of what I have in my pantry... as I had no time to grab anything from the shops
- it is to be made on the day I want to have treats
- something that is in my 10% of guilt free treats. got to make the most out of it. It has to be WORTHWHILE.
and enjoyed it with ice cream.
I halved the recipe as I didn't want too many treats lying in our house. I made 4 of these mini loaves and savoured every bite of mine.
Mini Banana Swirl Cinnamon Bread (Makes 4 mini loaves)
1/6 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon of cinnamon (yes I'm crazy)
1/6 cup of brown sugar
Preheat oven 180C.
Mash bananas. In a jar, mix melted butter, egg, vanilla and banana together. In a bowl, mix flour, pinch salt and sugar together. Fold banana mixture to dry mixture.
For the swirl- small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together.
Spray oil in small loaf tin. Spoon the banana mixture into the tin-fill to half. Sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture and then spoon the rest of the mixture on top. Repeat for 3 more loaves. Sprinkle the remaining mixture on top of each loaf. Bake for 15 minutes.