Monday, January 07, 2013

Dark Chocolate Rocky Road


I have not been making sweets for some time. One reason is because we have been eating clean, hence these fall into the treats category of course. I made this for Christmas as well and I actually found myself really liking the process. It's really easy as well- and a hit with our nephews and nieces (and my MIL!).



Picking up some turkish delight from our local deli store, I can't help but pop a few in my mouth. so sweet! I love the jelly like texture though. That's what rocky road is about to me, all different texture coming together. The crunch of pistachios, the softness of mash mellows and jelly like turkish delight.

I chose dark chocolate- because I like dark chocolate best. The other reason though, is that the slight bitterness will offset the sweetness from the turkish delight and mash mellows.

It's a slab of chocolate mess but that's what I love about it. It is meant to be messy. I don't have to worry about chopping it in straight lines (Which i can never do for anything) or making it pretty. It is pretty, the way it is.


Dark Chocolate Rocky Road
300 grams of dark chocolate (Lindt)
6 of your favourite turkish delight pieces chopped
1/2 cup of pistachios and walnuts chopped and toasted
1 cup of mash mellows chopped

Line a brownie tray with baking paper.

Melt dark chocolate in microwave in 20 seconds burst x 3-4 times. Remember to use a very clean bowl if not the chocolate will seize. There will probably be some chocolate in the middle that is not melted. Using a wooden spoon, stir it.. the residue heat will melt the rest.

Then pop all the ingredients in the melted chocolate. Toss and turn. Then spoon the gooey mess into the baking paper. Fridge it overnight. Cut and serve.



Photobucket

8 comments:

Noob Cook said...

definitely looks festive with the pastel pink, yellow and white colours.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great and easy to make too!

tigerfish said...

Sounds really easy! Lately I have been thinking about melting chocolate to do something similar too! Really. ;p

Joanne said...

How delicious are these chocolatey bites! I can see why they went over so well!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

now this I can eat with my new lifestyle:) I can;t wait! Love me some chocolate

lena said...

not sure if i've come across turkish delights here but i like the mess!!D

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

My son is a huge rocky road fan (he especially loves ice cream). If I make this it's going to be a huge competition between me and him. Looks so good!!!

rosi said...

What's delicious chocolate !! It's great !!

Tarots gratuit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...