Thursday, January 24, 2013

Slow cooked Corn, Tomato and Potato Soup





Another of my "all in one pot" meal. Having some success with my lotus soup, I decided that soups are perfect for weekday meals. This has corn, potato, tomato, and even mushrooms. Good clean carbs with heaps of vegetables. I used pork ribs for the broth base again given my success the last time.

Oh why didn't I think of this earlier? I should know, when in doubt-turn back to childhood food!

Slow cooked Corn, Tomato and Potato Soup (serves 4-6)
2 fresh organic corn- chopped in half
600 grams pork ribs
3 tomatos chopped
2 potato chopped
3 carrots- chopped
1 cup of button mushrooms chopped
handful of black pepper corns.

Slow cooked everything for as long as you want! Serve with rice or like me.... just have it by itself!





Photobucket

7 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh yum, must be very sweet!

Joanne said...

mmm this must have some great flavors. And it would be perfect to warm me up in this frigid weather!

lena said...

i like this too and sometimes i add in some water chestnuts too ;)

tigerfish said...

I enjoy clear soups like this anytime of the year!

Unknown said...

Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind.
consultation voyance

rosi said...

Merci pour cette recette qui me plait beaucoup, J’ai tous les ingrédients ! Je vais sûrement la faire ! Je vous souhaite bonne continuation….
Toilettage chiens

Sovania said...

Thanks for this suggestion that i appreciate a lot.
voyance gratuite mail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...