Monday, April 07, 2014

Sausage Egg Frittata




I can have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner any day! It's such a quick and simple recipe that I do not know why I have not done this before!

The other day, hubby said to me that he realised how much his views of food has changed since I have tweaked our family meals to become clean and healthy. His line manager treated himself and team to frozen coke. Hubby took a few sips and couldn't have any more. He said he simply felt ill.

Oh that was a proud moment for me.

As a wife and mum, there is nothing more I want than good health for my family. It's such a lovely feeling when even hubby realised that this is a lifestyle change and he felt better because of it.


So sausages- are they really healthy? I believe they can be. We do not have sausages every day. However, I think it is important to find a butcher who can make gluten free and hopefully sugar free sausages with quality meat. Not the rubbish supermarket sausages that we have no idea what's in it. Usually that's full of preservatives, sugar and flour.

That paired with eggs and spinach- ahhhhh....quick and easy meal DONE!


Sausage Egg Frittata (serves 4)
3 or 4 good quality pork sausages casing removed
1 red onion diced
1 tsp of garlic
2 red chill diced
1 cup of spinach leaves
1/4 cup of chives chopped
4 or 5 eggs
1/4 cup almond milk

Preheat Oven at 180C. Saute onion, garlic and chill. Brown sausage mince meat. Fold through spinach leaves. Meanwhile, Whisk eggs with almond milk and chives. When sausage meat is cooked, spoon into oven safe dish. Pour eggs on to sausages. Bake 20-25 minutes till done! Serve warm or cold.




 photo MTWsignature_zpsaefba23f.png

5 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

What a great breakfast idea! I need to bookmark this, thanks.:-)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Perfection! Great idea and healthy too!

expatgourmand said...

This looks like a healthy high-protein meal! I myself am not a sausage fan, but only because of all the junk added to them. I've had some really good meaty sausages at German restaurants, and if I can source good quality sausages here, hubby and son would love for me to incorporate sausages into our meals!

tigerfish said...

I do agree with your point on sausages - we can "indulge" once in a while for the flavors they impart to a dish like frittata as long as these sausages are minimally processed

daphne said...

Indeed! We found a few good organic and grass fed butchers who do great sausages. Nothing but good meat and herbs and spices. No gluten, added sugar or any other flavoring. Sausages r not evil but those in the supermarkets are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...