Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hummingbird Cupcakes


Looking back at my posts, I realised it has been some time since I last posted what I have baked. Yes, I'm still baking every weekend-or at least I try to. I made these hummingbird cupcakes recently. These cupcakes contained banana and crushed pineapple pieces which I think it is a fantastic combination. Very tropical and moist. Although the recipe did not come with frosting notes, I deliberately used cream cheese as I believe that the combination will be tasteful.

So anyway, give it a go. It's pretty healthy as well given the use of olive oil. I made 12 cupcakes and 14 tiny patty cakes from this recipe.


Hummingbird Cupcakes
makes 24 cupcakes
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil/olive oil
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1 8oz can crushed pineapple, with liquid
2 mashed bananas
1 cup coursely chopped pecans

1. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt with a whisk in a good sized bowl.
2. Beat eggs.
3. Add oil and vanilla to beaten eggs and mix until somewhat combined.
4. Add egg/oil/vanilla mixture to flour/sugar/baking soda/cinnamon/salt mixture.
5. Mix together pineapple, bananas, pecans until combined.
6. Add to the rest of ingredients and stir to combine.

7 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh, I love this! The combination of banana and pineapple = YUMMY!

Looks really moist too!

Rarebeet said...

Its like a tropical fruit cake almost isn't it? Have never tried making these but the recipe does call for a cream cheese frosting. You were spot on!! Great blog you have here, why couldn't I have a friend like you when i was in university!! :-)

daphne said...

hi little corner! it is really moist! I think it's the banana and pineapple pieces (+ fruit juice frm the pineapple). =)

Paprika- I'm glad I did the right thing afterall! kekeke. thanks for dropping by and do come back more often!

East Meets West Kitchen said...

That looks yummy! Just curious, any idea why it's called hummingbird cupcakes? :)

daphne said...

East meets west-Welcome to my blog! =) I wonder about the name too. I tried "Googling" it but it didn't come up with anything! *mystery unsolved*

Anonymous said...

I found it! Thanks for letting me know that this recipe works for cupcakes. I will make this one day...

daphne said...

hehe. YAY!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...