Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Malteasers Cookies and Blog of the month!


I like malteasers chocolates. The malted balls? So addictive! When I spotted a recipe using malteasers in a cookie base, I was itching to give it ago.

Unfortunately, the result was less than satisfying. It's neither crunchy or chewy! Just 'blah'. It reminded me of when I first started baking cookies. hmm.. darn! Maybe I'm getting worse at it instead of the other way around. For some reason though, there are only a few cookie recipes that uses creaming method that I'm satisfied with. I wonder if it is because of my poor creaming skills? Or maybe I'm just fussy over the texture of the cookies?

Having said that, elaborate cookie recipes doesn't = to fantastic cookies though. Little Corner posted the melt and mix cookies and they were FANTASTIC (will post them up very soon!). Maybe I should crush some malteasers balls into that cookie base! I have tried melt and mix (or even using olive oil) cookie recipes and most of them I'm so happy with. Hmm, I wonder if it is the fat vs flour content that makes the cookies tastes so goooddd....


I'm not going to be posting the Malteasers recipe here since it wasn't to my liking. Actually, I can't remember where I got the recipe from either-strange. Usually I take note of it and reference it appropriately. Maybe that was a sign...

On a brighter note

Singairishgirl handed me this award:

What a honor! I think these awards are doing great for my self-esteem... ;p

I'm going to be passing this to the following bloggers.

Wandering chopsticks- because I think you are a good sport with insightful write-ups.

Oh for the love of food -Your photos always turn out amazing and each write up is detailed with a classy feel to it.

11 comments:

InspiredMumof2 said...

Congrats Daphne, you deserve it!

I know some elaborate recipes doesn't always turn out good stuff haha. I tried a few from cookbooks, some turn out wrong because the measurings stated on the recipe are inaccurate.

But these cookies made me think of Famous Amous now :-)

Christina Kim said...

Congrats dearie!!! You definitely earned it:D

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Haha! Thanks! I'm a good sport b/c I played your last tag? :)

I really only like basic butter cookie dough so I add chocolate chips or nuts or oatmeal, but I still stick with the basic dough b/c it's chewy and soft. :P

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

I love Malteasers too.
Love to suck the chockies out. *wink*

Never thot about incorporating it into cookies...anyway the thot of it sounds yum.

Big Boys Oven said...

wah cookies look interesting!!!

SIG said...

I was so excited when I saw the word 'maltesers'. I love them. ANd my girl just had a packet this afternoon, all gone now. Unfortunately you mentioned it didn't turn out well. Oh well...

Oh for the love of food! said...

Awwww... thanks Daphne! thanks for the award and compliment, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now ;o)
There are a lot of dodgy recipes out there, its frustating, isn't it? I've had my share of dissappointing turn-outs that had really expensive ingredients, I just don't post about them.
Sorry you got the dates of the musical mixed up - it was a huge success and we had over 400 audience turn up. I might post some pics and a youtube feature later on if I am able toget my hands on the recording!
At the moment I'm feeling very tired and sluggish from the whole month of rehearsals, it's all catching up with me now. I guess the ol' body needs time to wind down. Take care & GBU xo

Little Corner of Mine said...

Sorry, this cookie didn't turn out well for you and congrats on the award. I got another one for you! ;)

daphne said...

inspiredmumof2-thank you! U r so right about the recipe books stuff. Maybe they dont want us to make it as nice as them! hmm..cheeky people.

christy-thanks babe!

wandering chopsticks- more than just playing the tag! i really do like your write up and information on your blog. It's great!

paw paw-hehe. Ya! so nice to munch right? and they feel lighter than chocolates..before u know it, the packet is gone!

big boys oven-interesting but not delicious leh.

singairishgirl-ya! that was my reaction too! disappointing huh..

Carol- I'm still gutted that i missed the musical. I was looking forward to it. The turn out is awesome! u take care and rest well too.

litter corner- i guess we still have to try to know what works bah.. and thanks so much for the award!

Christo Gonzales said...

bravo...way to go

daphne said...

doggybloggy- thanks buddy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...