Thursday, September 04, 2008

Baked Filled Pasta


Entering into a supermarket, I realized the rows and rows of convenience food products available. Instant noodles, pasta packets and even rice! I am an advocate of "fresh is better"-especially since I have grown to learn how to love food and lose weight at the same time. However, while I like to take time to prepare meals and try to steer my shopping trolley away from them, it is proving to be difficult.

Filled chilled pasta is one of my emergency stash of food, together with instant noodles of course. It's not a "every week" thing but certainly a packet can help on tired nights. I'm also surprise to see that a packet serves 2, because between AR and myself...we have a packet for dinner AND lunch.

This packet has spinach and ricotta ravioli. What I did was to quickly cooked it and stir through chopped pieces of lean bacon, mushrooms and lots of spinach. Sprinkle with some cheese, push it in the oven for 30 minutes (while u shower or put your feet up) and serve. Easy.



Baked Filled Pasta (Serves 4)
500grams of filled pasta
200 grams of baby spinach
100 grams of lean bacon
1 cup of chedder cheese

1 cup of skim milk
1 tablespoon of low fat spread
1 tablespoon of flour
salt and pepper

1) Follow instructions on packet and cook pasta. Drain. Put in a large bowl.

2) Melt spread and add flour. Stir till it becomes golden brown. Add skim milk and whisk till mixture becomes thick. Season.

3) Stir mushrooms, baby spinach and lean bacon through pasta. Pour white sauce over it.

4) Pour mixture to an oven proof dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes till golden brown. Serve.

Presenting this to the Presto Pasta Gang founded by Ruth. This week Abby from Eat the Right Stuff is hosting.

16 comments:

Tummythoz said...

On tired nights you can still chop, stir, bake? Salute. Mine involves tear, boil, eat ie instant noodle with no added ingredients.

Noob Cook said...

I'm a huge advocate of convenience food, haha :D I still dun understand what filled pasta is :P ... ok gonna stalk the supermarket to find out more :P

Dee said...

You did more to your convenience food that most people do to their cooked from scratch meals! That's more than alright, Daphne :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

I love convenience food too. I have another award for you too! ;)

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

That looks great! Yum!

test it comm said...

Cheese, bacon and spinach baked with pasta sounds really tasty!

Christina Kim said...

You are really a neat person; you can actually whip up a meal even on tired nights!!

Unknown said...

really?... it looks so good that you wouldn't think it's from the convenience of supermarket...

Beachlover said...

another version of lasagna!!.look goood!!

Abby said...

this looks wonderful. and is great inspiration as i have a packet of spinach and ricotta ravioli in my freezer! thanks for sharing with presto pasta nights.

tigerfish said...

I hardly get ravioli....which reminds me....I'm heading for the supermarket later and shall look for it!

Unknown said...

BTW,I was tagged by Ning of Heart & Hearth, so I hope you don’t mind, but I’m tagging you… I would love to hear what you have to say…

Thanks…

http://myfinds-mikky.blogspot.com/2008/09/im-tagged.html

Marie said...

Ooh, this is definitely a pasta dish I can get behind! I'll be happy when the temperature cools and I can start making baked pastas again.

daphne said...

tummythoz-depends on mood too I think! hahaha. But this one is realy fuss free..and budget friendly! $ motivates. haha.

noobcook-u r so adorable =) I dont know if SG has it.. but try cold storage? San Remo has a good range!

dee-u r too kind dearie. I guess being on budget helps. =)

little corner-that reminds me of the last award! yikes! thanks babe! u r the best!

Thanks Jessy. =)

Kelvin- =)

Christy-hehe, it helps when it is a 1 pot dish.

mikky-it is processed food though.. =( thanks for tagging me babe. will get to it!

tigerfish-yay!

marie-and my turn to use pasta in cool salads again. =)

Jude said...

Lean bacon? Is there such a thing? I want some right now then :)

daphne said...

jude-there is!! I dont know if they sell it in your area though/ It's 97% fat free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...