Monday, October 20, 2008

Marble Chocolate Chip Cookies


Quick post before I head to work. I'm still in love with cookies. Something about the smell of cookies that make a kitchen so heartwarming! I remembered a movie once-"Because I said So" with a scene of Mandy Moore preparing for a date. She baked a batch of cookies just so that the house is filled with the choc chip smell when the new man came to pick her up.





I made this cookies awhile back...and I admit that I'm attracted to a good looking cookie. The swirls are so pretty! I also like it that it uses dark chocolate to make the swirls and not the fake stuff. Alas though, I didn't like the texture of the cookie-it was a little soft for me. Perhaps a few more minutes in the oven will do it good...


Marble Chocolate Cookies
1/4 Cup of dark chocolate
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

1) Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Melt choc on top of saucepan of boiling water.

3) Preheat oven at 180C and line baking trays.

2) Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add egg. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Drop 1 tsp of dough on baking tray. Drizzle melted chocolate and swirl it using a toothpick. Bake for 12 minutes.

6 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

these look tasty, I wish I could bake better, I have been trying lately....

Big Boys Oven said...

I am on sugar craving now after seeing all your delicious mouth watering cookies!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Love the look of the swirl. How's your working days?

Retno Prihadana said...

Cookies and a cup of tea...yummm! Your first foto look like a muffin :)

tigerfish said...

You can squeeze in a post before heading off to work? I don't even have time for a quick breakfast bite.

Jude said...

Looks so good Daphne..Can't wait to really get into baking in the winter months.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...