Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh so Fresh Mushrooms Fettucine



I'm sneaking in a post this afternoon. I have lots of photos in my camera not loaded into the computer yet. Certainly I feel more productive as my "to do" list is endless, but a sense of rush since starting work.

I picked up a packet of fresh mushrooms and pasta and decided to cook something with it. Fresh flavours (*edit-I typed behaviours! argh!) work well together no matter how simplistic the dish is.

The good thing about fresh pasta is it only takes 3 minutes to cook.

Oh so Fresh Mushroom Fettucine
1 packet of fresh pasta
1 packet of fresh mixed mushrooms
100 grams of shredded ham (use smoke salmon!)
1 tablespoon of butter
1.5 tsp flour
1 cup of milk
seasoning

1) Cook fresh pasta in a boiling pot of water. Drain and keep warm.

2) Melt butter. Add flour. Stir till golden brown. Add milk.Whisk till it becomes a white sauce. Set aside.

3) Quickly fry mushrooms and ham (add garlic if u want) with seasoning. Toss pasta with mushroom mixture. Add sauce. Serve hot.

I'm serving this dish with my friends at Presto Pasta Nights hosted by Ruth from Once Upon A Feast

17 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, too much pictures but no time to blog? :)

i like the name, Oh so fresh! lol!

ladyironchef

tigerfish said...

3 minutes? I'm game for that!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

no cream..definitely fresh and HEALTHY..

Christina Kim said...

Healthy...and mushrooms are nice;)

Anonymous said...

I need more 3 minutes recipes so between lunch and dinner i would only work 6 minutes a day. haha. That's plenty enough. :-)

Unknown said...

what a lovely and healthy quick meal... just perfect!!! :)

Tummythoz said...

Can see more ham than mushrooms. Drools.

Kenny Mah said...

O! so Fresh! Mushrooms Fettucine!

Does it taste better with the added exclamation points? ;)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Ah quick and easy...perfect. I love visiting your blog to get ideas for my dinner!

Hazza said...

I'm a big fan of fresh mushrooms. Would've love to have seen the mushrooms before you cooked it. We are so limited in the varieties we gat in UK.

armand said...

The fresh pasta makes a BIG difference... compared to the usual $1 per 500g dried ones.
For a mushroom lover like me, this is heaven.

Noob Cook said...

I've never added flour to my pasta b4 ... that's something new! :)

SIG said...

I love fresh pasta but they are so much more ex.

Ruth Daniels said...

Fabulous dish,, thanks so much for taking the time out of such a busy life to share it with Presto Pasta Nights so the rest of us too busy people can enjoy it as well.

~Christine~Leng said...

I'm gonna try this for sure!! :)
Will go get some pasta tomoro! yay ;P

Jin Hooi said...

cool!! quick and easy yet delicious!! good for busy woman like us , hey ;-))

CECIL said...

Nothing can beat delicious smoked salmon! Man I love smoked salmon. And pair it with mushrooms - mmh mmh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...