Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Peanut Eggy Stir Fry Noodles


I'm so excited about receiving entries for this week's Presto Pasta event! Have you submitted yours yet?

My second dish is a quick and easy stir fry one. Who says pad thai noodles are only for pad thai?


err..

Ok.. i confessed, I wanted to make Pad thai but ran out of sauces so I have to improvised! But hey, sometimes it's good to have meals that are "light" in taste as well.


Peanut Eggy Stir Fry Noodles (Serves 4)
1/2 packet of Pad Thai Noodles
3 eggs (beaten)
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
1 cup of frozen peas
2 carrots chopped
1/2 cup of roasted peanuts
3 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of soya sauce

1) Blanched pad thai noodles till slightly soft and set aside.

2) Heat work till hot and add oil. Quickly stir fry all veges. Add sauces. Add in beaten eggs and cook till done. Add noodles and toss it through with roasted peanuts. Serve with more nuts on top!

Another noodle dish for Presto Pasta nights founded by Ruth from Once Upon a Feast and hosted by myself this week! Check out previous posts for entries details.

11 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

I hereby crown thee Pasta Princess! :D

Unknown said...

pasta princess indeedio!

i need to submit more pasta dishes for PPN hehehe

i've submitted mine for this week hehehe, all for you, babe...and lovely ruth ^_^

Ruth Daniels said...

Yours looks awesome. Thanks for hosting this week's Presto Pasta Night.

My entry's coming...I promise ;-)

Little Inbox said...

Great! You have your very own version of method in cooking pat thai noodle.

Chocolate Shavings said...

That looks delicious!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Great improvisation there! hehe.

Little Corner of Mine said...

I love Pad Thai. I have many variation of Pad Thai before.

Katie said...

Wow, this sounds like a great dish. Especially with the peas & mushrooms.

test it comm said...

This sounds simple and tasty. I like using peanuts in dishes like this.

tigerfish said...

This is like char kway teow - fried "white" carrot cake style without the peanuts ;p

Jude said...

For some reason I thought your post title was funny. Don't know why :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...